Xbox One Controller Randomly Disconnects

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So this issue has been happening for awhile now, pretty much since Destiny came out. I thought it might just be a defective controller (I have the Day One edition controller so I hope not!) but upon researching the internet, it seems that a lot of people have been having this issue. Apparently, the Xbox One is defective and they've either had to get the console service or fully replaced. Hopefully they will just replace my console as I've also been having playback issues with multiple blurays.

Side note, has anyone had issues with the bluray playback?

Anyway, I looked through these threads and didn't find anything about people having issues with the Xbox One controller disconnecting. Basically, I'll be in the middle of a game and it just craps out for a couple seconds and then it reconnects. This can be very frustrating in the middle of an online Halo or Destiny match. I know it's not the batteries.

Would just love some direction on what y'all have done with this issue and how y'all got it fixed!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Happens every now and then, but often feels like it's seasonal. I've had maybe 2 "seasons" where this has happened at least a couple of times within a week, but usually it doesn't. Never really did anything to fix it though :p

No issues with bluray playback.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Erik - have you tried updating your controller through the XBOX One's settings menu? There is a new tile called "Accessories" now that gives a little more guidance to whether or not a controller needs an update. You have to plug it in with a USB cable to update it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me like 3 times in the past month or so. Not too much of an inconvenience, it reconnects after about 4 seconds of disconnect.

They should really give a notification to the user when it's time to update the controller firmware.

Iina the Magnet

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
We're facing the same issue with my fiance. It's not happening all the time, but it is game breaking issue. We'll send ours for a service after Christmas, hoping they'll replace it completely.

If you're serious about gaming, it'll make you strangle someone when you keep dying in firefights. Not to mention raging, lol, too much rage. I'll post after Christmas, if I remember, on how things turned out 😊

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup happens to me. Maybe once every few weeks. Very irritating when it does occur because it's been in the middle of online play. Never thought of looking into it I guess but would like to think it will resolved eventually.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Happened twice in the last 30 mins -_-

Reconnects instantly, but still throws me off in the middle of a race. Checked for an update last night and this morning. Nothing.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Got my xb1 after thanksgiving. No issues til the last two weeks with random disconnects. I tap B and it comes right back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro