Xbox One Miracast Support - Now HERE'S a UserVoice worth voting for!

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251610-live-tv/suggestions/6028550-xbox-one-miracast-support

While it's had some impressive reviews - I've been holding off on the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter because; quite frankly, I think that capability is something every Xbox One owner should simply have. Buyers of Apple TV can use AirPlay to project the display from an iPhone/iPad and Chromecast users with Kit Kat have mirroring.

For people who aren't $400-$500 deep in Microsoft's gaming ecosystem, tossing $60 into an adapter doesn't sound bad but I can't help but feel like this is a capability that Xbox One users should just have... and apparently there's a couple thousand people who think the same.

What do you think? How many votes does something need to get on UserVoice before Microsoft pays it any attention?

Boss Fight

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I remember they showed a video of the Xbox One being used a Miracast receiver in some video before the X1 came out. Then now I hear it's not technically possible.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I remember they showed a video of the Xbox One being used a Miracast receiver in some video before the X1 came out. Then now I hear it's not technically possible.
Yeah I've heard the same. But seeing a firmware update give a cheap little Roku stick WiDi makes me wonder how much of that is true.

Of course of the core tech isn't there nothing can be done about it... but too much history with Microsoft products make me feel like they're holding back.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The adapter purchase was a no brainer for me since I use it for a lot of places I wouldn't lug around a console to get the same feature if it was possible. My only issue is that I have to stop and give a demo show whenever I take it out and use it. :grin: However I do agree that it should be an included feature with the Xbox One.

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I bet it is possible, and I'm really looking forward to when Microsoft figures it out- hopefully with W10. The whole windows ecosystem needs to be more connected. I want to be able to see my phone screen on the tv through the Xbox, my Xbox on my PC screen, and my PC through my Xbox. Not with casting or mirroring APPS I want the real thing in the OS.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Crap......I just got my XB1, and disconnected my miracast receiver thinking I could do this - my guess is that it comes in W10....along with a Remote Desktop app on the XB1. Regardless, I found myself hardly ever using the wireless miracast (Netgear PTV3000) - I always opt for the wired connection anyways - since the connection frequently gets interrupted, and it is laggy as hell, whereas wired has no lag at all, and just works. Plus, I can play to via dlna, which actually to me works better in most things.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I honestly bought the Xbox One thinking this was already an option. I thought at the very least the SmartGlass app would work similar to AirPlay.

It's kind of sad that I can't stream a video from say the Discovery Channel app on my $400 Xbox when I could mirror my screen on a $99 Apple TV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss