Will Microsoft Ever Allow Streaming HDMI Input to SmartGlass

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I kinda understand the 'Why' of why TV Streaming isn't allowed from TV input from a set top box, and I don't believe it's a question of inability. Is it mainly to avoid a situation like Aerero if people stream their cable boxes output to other devices, is it something to do with HDMI, or is the situation more complicated?

That being said, do you think they'll add support for it in the future? It would be nice to use the feature with my HomeWorx set-top box, for example, instead of buying another OTA adapter when the current box still works well.

Mr G Reaper

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
keep hearing the term SmartGlass but not familiar with it, guessing its not on the lumia 735?
EDIT. never mind just saw this is the xbox one forum, i saw the link in the main page didnt see the topic location....been a long day

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I do believe the xbox one will soon be able to stream tv to a device with smart glass...

Xbox One and Windows 10 previews add television streaming | TechnoBuffalo

That much I understood; but that's with the caveat of either using the Xbox One TV Tuner or the Hauppage device that's being made for the Xbox One. I'm wondering what about those people who have OTA boxes from companies like HomeWorx and don't want to buy another tuner just to watch free TV, or those people who are still using cable?

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
That much I understood; but that's with the caveat of either using the Xbox One TV Tuner or the Hauppage device that's being made for the Xbox One. I'm wondering what about those people who have OTA boxes from companies like HomeWorx and don't want to buy another tuner just to watch free TV, or those people who are still using cable?

It is a curious feature to have for a single tuner. While it might be nice for someone to watch TV while someone is playing a game, it would be much better if the two people could be watching two different channels. I also wonder if they will allow streaming DVR content to smartglass when that feature is implemented. I'm holding off buying a tuner until I know I can use at least two tuners at the same time on Xbox One (either 2 USB tuners or a network tuner).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon