Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Vallos
    Anyone else notice how it can detect and outline physical objects in the room and apply visual effects to them? It gives the bookshelves a sense of physical manipulation, although when observed carefully you notice the original object is still there.

Oh Lord, I think that looks stunning. I had not seen the demo until just now, had an idea it might be something like this, possibly something similar to Philip's Ambi-light. I didn't expect it to be quite as good as it looks. Sadly, I reckon this demo may prove a little too ambitious to turn into a feature.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Global Posts
    1,962 Global Posts
    Microsoft, just shut up and take my money...i want this now !!!
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

See my guess is that if this was going to make it in to the next Xbox, it would not have been shown off now. They have ruined given up the E3 wow factor if it was going to be a feature.

Incidentally, did they say what equipment they are using? I understand Kinect is in there somewhere, but the projector and processing power, where is that coming from?
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Looks awesome!

I am sure it would be... Wonder what tech is required though. The demo was given in conjunction with Samsung, so I wonder if it requires the TV to have the components built in. Would be quite a niche project if they did. I had assumed that MS would be able to build the hardware as an add on to the next box.

Siting the equipment may be an issue. And how does kinect take a view of the while room, you would have to move it.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK