How long are the Mass Effect games?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Kind of in a situation where I wanna game, but don't have the time to just sink my life into a hundred hour game.

Just scored the while trilogy for $21. Should I return them while I've got the time or can they be finished in; say: 20ish hours?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

The Mass Effect series is as much about the journey as is the ending. (Disregarding the flak around 3's ending)

I put a few hours in ME1 before and I'm still very much in the early stages.
Its an expansive game, with an expansive universe, lore etc. If you're looking for something quick, I don't think this is it, although its a good game. (also part of the reason I stopped playing for now)

but for that price, you do get a lot of game. maybe too much for you.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

The Mass Effect series is as much about the journey as is the ending. (Disregarding the flak around 3's ending)

I put a few hours in ME1 before and I'm still very much in the early stages.
Its an expansive game, with an expansive universe, lore etc. If you're looking for something quick, I don't think this is it, although its a good game. (also part of the reason I stopped playing for now)

but for that price, you do get a lot of game. maybe too much for you.

I completely agree with xandros9, Mass Effect is very lore and exploration driven. I personally love to immerse myself in the stories and try to take part in everything a game has to offer. For a rough estimate of time I would approximate that my first playthrough of each Mass Effect game took about 35 hours. However, I love to take my time and listen to every conversation possible and read all lore objects. I have now clocked 77 hours in the first Mass Effect game with two playthroughs. It probably isn't a series to blow through quickly but they have some phenomenal narratives especially for $21. My advice would be to find another game if you're looking for some quick runs, but to definitely go through the Mass Effect Triology when you have the time. They are some great games, especially all of them at the price of $21.

​Happy gaming!

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720