Xbox 360 still worth to buy?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello there. I'm considering a game console for a while. I'm used to playa game using Logitech gamepad do windows. The is button similar to PlayStation

I'm thinking about Xbox since they have kinect. I can't afford Xbox one and Xbox one won't work in my country.

I'm live in Indonesia and so far there is no Microsoft retail store other than store that previously owned by Nokia (still Nokia store here) so even if I'm going to get Xbox 360 I have to order from Singapore store and get shipped later.

Should I get Xbox 360 or wait for Xbox one instead?
Posted using my Nokia Lumia 930 via Tapatalk

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know anything about the pricing in Singapore, but the 360 is very cheap here in Germany. You can get one for about a third of what an Xbox One would cost. Considering the fact that there's still a lot of new games coming out for it and you have a huge collection of games to choose from already - most of which are available very cheap - I'd say a 360 is still a great console to buy.
The Kinect is overrated though. The Xbox One has just a couple of Kinect games, all more casual games than actually good ones. The 360 does have a wider variety of Kinect games, but the majority of them isn't great either. There are some games that make use of the Kinect to enhance the game play a bit, but I've never found myself using these features, tbh. My 360's Kinect remained unused most of the time. The one on my Xbox One is used very often though, but only for voice controls.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Tons of great games for the 360 and a lot of these even 2-3 year old titles will be cheap to get with many hours of great game play. Even though I have a Xbox one with about 15 games or so, I still boot up my 360 a lot, some epic games, no question..

Only thing I will say in the pattern of new consoles coming out before the old one is discontinued, I would bet in another year or so, the titles will start winding down a little. So, I would give the "new title" span about 2 years, if that...

Even Forza 6 was just announced and there is NO 360 version, a Xbox one exclusive. Not saying it's all going that way but, it would make me question the time frame a little....

Just a FYI but, like I said, epic games, great graphics, and enough titles for you to enjoy for many years..

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Since price is a major concern, I'd go with the 360 too. It's still a very fun console. You still have abilities for custom wallpapers, ability to push content from windows pc's, and a very large game library. Voice chat, voice text, Kinect games (I love Kinect games), and new games are still being made. Can't go wrong with it!

chovan

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
If you have young kids and like to play Kinect games like Sports, Adventure or etc, you should get 360, as they are not available on Xbox one. Wait for sale or get a refurbished one, you shouldn't pay more than $100 US on Xbox 360+Kinect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss