What do you get for the Xbox Music Pass subscription?

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Xbox Music Pass subscription

so how does this work I have itunes as music source. is this better and why a fee?
what do you get for this.
thanks

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Xbox Music Pass subscription

It allows you to have unlimited streaming and unlimited downloads to any 4 devices. Idk if you consider it better, but I definitely do.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

you have to pay 31.00 and then pay for a song if you want it? all this windows stuff is new to me
just a question but can't you do that on itunes for free and then buy if you like it.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

you have to pay 31.00 and then pay for a song if you want it? all this windows stuff is new to me
just a question but can't you do that on itunes for free and then buy if you like it.

The difference between using the pass and buying it from the store is that, like iTunes, simply buying it from the store gives you a DRM-free version that you can do whatever you want with it. You do not need a Music Pass to buy a song from the store.

With the Music Pass, there is DRM that locks it to your account and makes it so only your 4 registered devices can play it. The benefit of this is that it's unlimited and you can download it or stream it as much as you want to, so long as you continue your subscription.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I would like to try it to bad that price is only for today when you say
The benefit of this is that it's unlimited and you can download it or stream it as much as you want to, so long as you continue your subscription.
for all song

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I can't say I'm 100% for every single song in the store, but thus far, with my collection of 800 different songs of various genres of various ages, I have not found a song that wasn't part of the Music Pass. As far as I'm aware, if it's in the store, it's part of the music pass.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Apparently true, I don't see a method to convert a Pass download to a purchase.

The last 2 years, though, they're have been half off Pass subs during the 12 days of Christmas specials, not to mention this Pi day special.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Apparently true, I don't see a method to convert a Pass download to a purchase.

The last 2 years, though, they're have been half off Pass subs during the 12 days of Christmas specials, not to mention this Pi day special.

Well, technically, there IS a way to break the DRM, but I'm not allowed to post it here 😉

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

well I went and did it I seen a thirty day trial but then you would loos today's deal.
then there was a offer 3 months for 27.00 not so good if I took the thirty day offer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb