Windows 10M running on Xiaomi mi 4

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Take a look, not the best review, but still nice fast show since it was released today. Interestingly, os version is 12562.82, while we are stuck at 10586.11 :angry: But to expect with MSFT.

windows-10-rom-xiaomi.jpg

SharkyNY

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Would love to see this ROM make its way to other Android phones. Been itching to try WM10, but the value of some Android hardware is hard to resist. In particular I have a OnePlus X now, which is a great phone and while the Android build has been good for me so far I've really been wanting to take a look at alternatives.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Would love to see this ROM make its way to other Android phones. Been itching to try WM10, but the value of some Android hardware is hard to resist. In particular I have a OnePlus X now, which is a great phone and while the Android build has been good for me so far I've really been wanting to take a look at alternatives.
I agree. I'm looking at LG G2, which can be had for just a little bit over price of my 735 and is perfectly good device, if they somehow port it on it...

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LG G2 is a fantastic bit of hardware for the price. Fast, solid build, plenty of RAM, best phone camera I've ever owned by far. I REALLY want to have W10 running on it.

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I just scooped a Mi4 LTE from eBay to replace my 1520. It still updating apps currently. Microsoft should create more ROMs, kinda like Cyanogen mod. I bought the Mi4 because when I start pulling my hair out from W10M, I can just reflash it back to Android.

*Update*
I've had the opportunity to use it a full day, and its a very nice phone. I loaded build 10586.36 on it and while it still eats through the battery, it still lasts a full day. I still get random reboots when switching back from kids corner, It gets warm to the touch, and the entire "Extras" option is missing in the settings. Besides the omission of the 'Extras" menu, everything I just mentioned also happens to my 1520. Oddly, W10M displays that the Mi4 has 3.5Gb of RAM instead of the 3GB listed by Android. I paid under $150 US for a used but excellent conditioned model, which has the better specs of any Windows Phone besides the Lumai 950/XL.

*Update 2*
Apps that offer DRM videos like Netflix or Flixster will not allow video to play on my device. I've rebooted the device, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, and even performed a hard reset. No Netflix and its completely useless in North America.

Last edited:

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Or has it something to do with an "experimental" software state? Did you notice the "Not for resale" red writing on boot? It was on any Windows 10 insider phone but disappeared long ago. There is also the Xiaomitest Mi4 in About...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I just won one of these off Ebay. Even though the bands are not compatible in my region I wanted this model to test out and see what it is capable of. Plus being a fan of the W10M platform it is one of the few that came preinstalled out of the gate running W10M. In fact it is the only Snapdragon 801 to run W10M and not be an upgrade from WP8.1. Anyone get this to download the latest production release build yet? If not how far on OS versions have you been able to update to? Thanks.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So I won this on Ebay and turns out it is the Mi4w. But..I can still enable W10M on it, I would just lose the Modem and have wifi only. That is the only way to boot it on the Mi4w that I have found. Disconnecting the WCDMA modem cable.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So I won this on Ebay and turns out it is the Mi4w. But..I can still enable W10M on it, I would just lose the Modem and have wifi only. That is the only way to boot it on the Mi4w that I have found. Disconnecting the WCDMA modem cable.

So I thought. Still trying at this...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss