New Firmware for MI4 running W10M?

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
On WMPoweruser.com, there is an article about a new firmware for the Xiaomi MI4 running W10M. This news comes from a chinese site ITHome. Unfortunately it only in Chinese. It explains how to get it, but I can't read Pinyin/Chinese. I don't know if I can post a link or not. If so I will by request. Otherwise, its not too difficult to find.

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I had to flash the update (Found on the Miui forum), since it wasn't showing up in any OTA update. I flahsed my unit and it didn't solve the primary flaw, which is I can't play any DRM'd videos. It won't play netflix videos, videos from Microsoft's Movies & TV app will only give me audio, even if I download the video. Flixster videos won't play, nor will Netflix or VUVU video play through Edge. For this reason I simply can not recommend someone buy a Mi 4 for the purpose of using W10M.

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Prior to this latest firmware update, I was using insider build 10586.63. It ran very well, but it wasn't perfect so here are the problems I had with the device/ OS:
  • Low Volume from the speakers (Made the alarm app useless.
  • Won't play videos with DRM
  • Camera struggled to focus on subjects

SInce the firmware update, the volume issue and camera issues were fixed. the video playback issue remains.

Randolph McAfee

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The method of flashing from android to windows is different than windows to windows. I found the solution on xda developers but I am too junior to post links. Search xda-developers for a post by ukicar entitled

Xiaomi and Microsoft release a public ROM of Windows 10 Mobile for Mi4 LTE (4G)

It contains the solution of windows to windows flashing using miflash (the regular 20150601 version; the author left off the trailing 1).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon