XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

New or refurbed?

Is a refurbed Surface right for you?

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. jonharrell's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I have had Zune Pass pretty much ever since Zune came out, and I really like it. I do have one question though, am I able to use my Zune Pass to download songs over my phone. If not I don't really mind getting on the computer and doing it there then syncing but it would really work good for on the go.

    Yesterday I was able to download a song on my phone and it used one of my credits to do it. But today when I go to do that it is wanted to bill me either through AT&T or my credit card. I still have credits available, and I can do it on the computer but not know on my phone. Also I was wondering if I can just download over my phone as well, for when I run out of credits or if its a song that I would just want to use over the subscription.

    I don't know if anybody else is have this issue or was wondering the same. If somebody could fill me in this would be great. Thanks
  2. MarcMaiden's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Dont quote me 100%

    but im pretty sure you can, since the marketplace supports downloading music.


    Quote Originally Posted by jonharrell View Post
    I have had Zune Pass pretty much ever since Zune came out, and I really like it. I do have one question though, am I able to use my Zune Pass to download songs over my phone. If not I don't really mind getting on the computer and doing it there then syncing but it would really work good for on the go.

    Yesterday I was able to download a song on my phone and it used one of my credits to do it. But today when I go to do that it is wanted to bill me either through AT&T or my credit card. I still have credits available, and I can do it on the computer but not know on my phone. Also I was wondering if I can just download over my phone as well, for when I run out of credits or if its a song that I would just want to use over the subscription.

    I don't know if anybody else is have this issue or was wondering the same. If somebody could fill me in this would be great. Thanks
  3. mittortz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    it doesn't seem to support subscription unlimited downloading, only streaming and using credits. i haven't seen any official statements on this from microsoft, but it's pretty clear when you go to download a song that it wants to use your credits or some form of payment. it's not the end of the world since you can just download on your computer and sync it... but i'm a little surprised by this inconvenience. i don't really see why microsoft wouldn't support this, so i have a feeling it's a technical roadblock. hopefully we'll see a fix of sorts in the future.
  4. MarcMaiden's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    maybe its to save bandwidth...
    Think about it, If you had access to unlimited music DLs from your phone, there would be a lot of bandwidth hogging.

    Quote Originally Posted by mittortz View Post
    it doesn't seem to support subscription unlimited downloading, only streaming and using credits. i haven't seen any official statements on this from microsoft, but it's pretty clear when you go to download a song that it wants to use your credits or some form of payment. it's not the end of the world since you can just download on your computer and sync it... but i'm a little surprised by this inconvenience. i don't really see why microsoft wouldn't support this, so i have a feeling it's a technical roadblock. hopefully we'll see a fix of sorts in the future.
  5. spitothec's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcMaiden View Post
    maybe its to save bandwidth...
    Think about it, If you had access to unlimited music DLs from your phone, there would be a lot of bandwidth hogging.
    This is the only reason why it wouldn't be available.. They should at least have it work that way over WiFi. It's a small nuisance, but not a huge one since you can stream entire albums through the Marketplace.
  6. siradude's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Last time I tried it, it wanted to bill me via AT&T bill or credit card to buy.

    But I could still stream for free via Zune Pass or marketplace I guess... the song would not be downloaded into my phone, when I open the phone via zune those songs that I streamed for free were nowhere to be found on the phone.
    Last edited by siradude; 11-12-2010 at 06:46 PM.
  7. sketchy9's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    212 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by siradude View Post
    Last time I tried it, it wanted to bill me via AT&T bill or credit card to buy.

    But I could still stream for free via Zune Pass or marketplace I guess... the song would not be downloaded into my phone, when I open the phone via zune those songs that I streamed for free were nowhere to be found on the phone.
    This video will answer your questions:



    Skip to about 9:30. Basically, it's possible to download the album using the Zune Pass, but it's set up in such a way as to deceive the user into purchasing it from the carrier. I can only assume this was a deliberate design decision to increase the carrier's profits.

    -R
    mittortz likes this.
  8. mittortz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchy9 View Post
    This video will answer your questions:



    Skip to about 9:30. Basically, it's possible to download the album using the Zune Pass, but it's set up in such a way as to deceive the user into purchasing it from the carrier. I can only assume this was a deliberate design decision to increase the carrier's profits.

    -R
    TAP AND HOLD! that's brilliant, I can't believe I hadn't tried that. That's awesome, thanks for sharing that useful little video! Just tried it, it works perfectly!
  9. siradude's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mittortz View Post
    TAP AND HOLD! that's brilliant, I can't believe I hadn't tried that. That's awesome, thanks for sharing that useful little video! Just tried it, it works perfectly!
    Amazing!
    Shifty underhanded mind games! :)
  10. jonharrell's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    Thank you!
    I guess i need to start tapping and holding everything, just to see what pops up
  11. gibbyhome's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    563 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Tap and Hold awsome
    this phone is awsome

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions