Zune player not working as expected

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I've owned my WP7 Samsung Focus for 2 weeks now. I've encountered a couple of bugs, one of which is a near deal-breaker for me:

The Zune player will occasionally bug out, but the symptoms are not consistent. Sometimes the player will crash with the music still running and the widget in the Volume bar. Sometimes the volume will become muffled despite the volume at it's highest. Today the music was muted completely despite removing and reinserting the plug multiple times and the app being restarted.

All of these bugs are remedied by restarting the phone.

I have not installed a microSD card to my device.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
You may want to get your unit replaced. I have had my own issues (SD-related) such as random rebooting... but I haven't had anything like that. You could also try a device reset and see if your experience is better after that.

alan7467

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I've owned my WP7 Samsung Focus for 2 weeks now. I've encountered a couple of bugs, one of which is a near deal-breaker for me:

The Zune player will occasionally bug out, but the symptoms are not consistent. Sometimes the player will crash with the music still running and the widget in the Volume bar. Sometimes the volume will become muffled despite the volume at it's highest. Today the music was muted completely despite removing and reinserting the plug multiple times and the app being restarted.

All of these bugs are remedied by restarting the phone.

I have not installed a microSD card to my device.

I've been experiencing some of these same issues. My guess is that it's software related, especially considering the fact that a reboot resolves it. Here's hoping MS gives us an update soon with some bug fixes.

commishbob

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had that happen as well (music appears to be running but I get no sound). And, as mentioned, a reboot fixes the problem. Doesn't seem to be any one thing that causes it other than it seems to always happen mid-morning LOL.

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I've posted the question to answers.microsoft.com. No replies yet. Here's hoping it gets noticed.

alan7467 and commishbob, please visit the following thread and opt-in for an answer, if you are so inclined:

Samsung Focus Zune Player not working as expected.

The bug has started occurring daily now. Given how often I listen to music, it is really beginning to ruin my experience with WP7.

I've done everything I can to alleviate the problem short of a full reset of the phone. I really want to avoid that since I'll lose my game progress and have no guarantee it'll solve my problem.

Pwny

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I experience a similar situation myself. Anytime I load a game, after that, my zune player will no longer play, no matter how loud the sound is. I'll have to do a reset in order for it to start blasting music again. Nothing seems to fix it, I tried changing the ringer volume, going back to zero then to 30 on the volume, and plugging in and out my headphones. Lately, I've stopped playing games on my phone because of it, but it's hard to resist when I bought a few.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo