Zune Shuffle - How come it's so awesome?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So this is a random post, but when you go into Zune on WP7 and click the bog Play button next to your music, you're given a playlist of all your music shuffled.

My question is... Has anyone noticed it's really good at picking music? For example, it always seems to play the best tracks of the albums and play music I like. I've never had it play a bunch of the bad tracks from an album in a row. I listen to probably 3-5 hours of music a day and I've been observing this trend for a little while now.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't listen to music as much as you but I am in my Zune 14 day free trial so I have downloaded a lot of stuff including some full albums. While listening to my music on shuffle I was thinking the same as you. I kept wondering when it was going to play a crappy song but it just keeps playing the more popular ones. Its like it know what I want to hear.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had a ZuneHD for a while and I agree. If I ever do get a bad song, I break its heart and it disappears from the device on the next sync. And so the shuffle gets better and better. Zune shuffle is like a mind reading device.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I've been meaning to test this, but it seems to play songs I've liked more often. I also think that it may track which songs I skip, even if they're liked, and use that data to determine which songs to play. I could be wrong, but it seems that way.

And Smart DJ on the desktop is actually pretty good. I had it playing for a couple of hours, and while I didn't particularly like every song that it played, they worked well in the mix. I really wish it was on the phone.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I've been meaning to test this, but it seems to play songs I've liked more often. I also think that it may track which songs I skip, even if they're liked, and use that data to determine which songs to play. I could be wrong, but it seems that way.

And Smart DJ on the desktop is actually pretty good. I had it playing for a couple of hours, and while I didn't particularly like every song that it played, they worked well in the mix. I really wish it was on the phone.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
What does "add to now playing" do.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
It basically let's you make an on-the-fly playlist, though you can't save it. So say there's three songs you want to play. You play the first one, then go to the other two, long press on them, and select "add to now playing". Those two tracks will be played after the first.

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
That's a awesome idea.. I heart the songs I really like, but I should start removing ****ty ones or intros etc... Great tip
In the Zune PC software, under Sync settings, you can check a box to have it not sync songs that you rate with a "broken heart." In this way, broken-hearting a song on your device will mean that it's gone the next time you sync.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3