So I'm on the 14 Zune trial.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
It's not being even 10 minutes but this is kinda amazing. I try it on my Xbox and I'm currently listening to the new Gaga album and is stream really fast, connected my PC and I'm downloading as we speak. Then I'll transfer it on my Phone.

So seamless and fast wow.

Any things I should know to improve my Zune pass experience?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I like streaming albums straight to my phone (when I am home on wifi). I hadnt thought about doing it via Xbox. Do you have to have Xbox Live Gold?

I have a 3 month trial of Zune Pass right now from AT&T, and I am really thinking about keeping it. I just need to decide what ten songs to download.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yah it really is the best deal out there imo. Unlimited streaming and downloading of songs for offline listening (so long as your account is active...they are DRM songs), and 10 songs a month you keep forever (high quality, non-DRM). So essentially it costs you around $5/month to have access to almost all of the songs on Zune both streaming and downloaded for offline use.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually, if you pay the whole year up front its $149.90, or $12.49/m. So like $2.59/m after the 10 songs at 0.99. Also note that they say you will be reminded of your 10 free before they expire but that's not true. I have a recurring task set two days before they expire and make sure I use them. I try to keep them to the end of the month in case something comes up, but have a bunch of downloaded material to convert before my 10 free expire. Really an unbeatable deal.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

wolfman-fu

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I can carry them over though, so I have to do ten soon or lose them.

I know someone that has the zune pass and he said that if you do not pick your ten songs that month you will lose them. I am on just the 14 day trial right now but I will be getting the full deal once this is over.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I like streaming albums straight to my phone (when I am home on wifi). I hadnt thought about doing it via Xbox. Do you have to have Xbox Live Gold?

I have a 3 month trial of Zune Pass right now from AT&T, and I am really thinking about keeping it. I just need to decide what ten songs to download.

Zune in xbox is really good. Is looks even better than on the PC and you can use your home theater.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Zune is awesome, and to ME, it is the best deal, Amazon, Rdio, Google music, and probably even the new iTunes (the unnanounced) services probably wont' compare.

Microsoft's big folly here though was simply not evangelizing it to other platforms to bring them back to Windows Phone. You can't use it on Xbox live with out paying the Zune pass, but what if somebody doesn't have a Zune and just an Android phone?

They totally should have dominated the streaming market early, and innovated. They haven't really done much besides build clients for their own stuff that should have been done a long time ago anyways. Now the other guys are innovating on more popular platforms.

My tip though, is that don't forget you can log into Zune.net and start streaming whatever you like over the browser. It just pops up a little Silverlight client and there ya go.

Reactions: VernonEL

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I can carry them over though, so I have to do ten soon or lose them.

Someone posted this in another thread but I don't remember who to give credit to. If you have use-em-or-lose-em credits, click on where it says "10 credits" below your ID in the upper right. It shows 10 songs you play often, and all you have to do is click the "buy" button to use your credits. It's an easy way to take advantage of the credits you're going to lose.

devilhound1

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Someone posted this in another thread but I don't remember who to give credit to. If you have use-em-or-lose-em credits, click on where it says "10 credits" below your ID in the upper right. It shows 10 songs you play often, and all you have to do is click the "buy" button to use your credits. It's an easy way to take advantage of the credits you're going to lose.

And I believe it give you the option of automatically downloading the 10 most played tracks. Pretty sweet.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had a Zune Pass on and off since my 2nd gen 80GB Zune. I seriously think Zune is the best music platform out there. It beats iTunes hands down and is available via web, phone, PC and 360. You can't beat it. Microsoft needs to give the Zune team more love.

I can't wait for Smart DJ on the phone either. Here's hoping we see it with Mango.

Reactions: VernonEL

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that Zune Pass doesn't cover all the songs. There's a very especific Red Hot Chilly Peppers song that I want to buy but it doesn't let me listen it with my Zune pass. There seem to be different versions of it and I don't want to buy the incorrect one.

That's kinda disappointing because it seems like a great way to discover new music.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Blame that on the record companies. For the longest time Kid Rock, Seether and White Stripes didn't have Zune Pass support. You could buy the album and that was it. I just said whatever, if they don't want me to discover their music then that's their loss.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Don't you get 10 songs every month? So if you have a 3 month pass you should get 30 songs.

Only if you're in the US :( those of us in the UK who love the service have to make do with knowing when we eventually cancel our subscription we say bye bye to it all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss