Possible to move Zune and Xbox live to different live id?

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So Google has been annoying me lately, and after looking at the latest Hotmail site I am actually pretty impressed and am considering switching to us a full Live account, rather than the live account that uses my gmail email for login.

The problem that I have is that my WP7 is tied directly to my gmail Windows Live account, so my xbox live gamertag, my zune pass and all my purchases are tied to that live id. Is there any way to move all of that to my @Live account so I can use that as the primary account on my WP7 phone?

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, just change your email address in your Live account to point to your other email address.

go to Live.com. Once you're logged into your account, click your name in the top right corner, and you will see a drop down menu. Select account, then select to Change your Windows Live ID.

Good luck.

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Crap didn't notice that before. I think I did things in the wrong order because I already created my other Live account. Nwo to see if I delete an account if I can then re-register it.

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
FML.

FYI, if you change your windows live ID you have to reset your phone. WP7 ties the phone to your live username and password (not account Id number), so if you change your live username it can't log into your live account, and since it's your primary account you can't delete it from the phone, and it doesn't let you change the login for the account (only the password)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium