Anybody having issues with Zune Marketplace?

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was having issues with downloading apps from the marketplace this moring. So I factory restored my device and I'm still having this issues. Wen I attempt tp download an app from the phone, I get the message to try again later. When I attempt to download an appfrom the PC/Zune I get the message "None of the selected items is available for purchase"

So I was wondering if anyone else is having issues or if it's just me

I posted a similair question in the Arrive sub-forum but now since I factory restore on my phone and still can't download apps,I decided to post a follow-up question here.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well in the Arrive forum, it sounded like a single app wasn't updating.

So you can go try any app, and it simply won't download?

Are you on wifi or data? You should try on both real quick.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Edit: Looks like XDA is helping you, and that it may not be related to your phone at all.

So it won't sync to your computer either?

Also, try purchasing an app on the computer Zune client, and then syncing (if you can sync).

Honestly though, if a hard reset didn't work, and it's not related to your live account, the it sounds like your phone committed suicide.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your memory card is still being recognized. If you can't load your music maybe there is no room for it, and the Marketplace is simply giving you a dumb message.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Edit: Looks like XDA is helping you, and that it may not be related to your phone at all.

So it won't sync to your computer either?

Also, try purchasing an app on the computer Zune client, and then syncing (if you can sync).

Honestly though, if a hard reset didn't work, and it's not related to your live account, the it sounds like your phone committed suicide.

It syncs to the computer as I can add pics, videos and music. But the apps is the only thing that's not installing...they're not even downloading.

I tried purchasing an app on the Zune client and i get the message that "none of the selected items are available for purchase"

I'm gonna make a new live id and see if it works then...I'll report back here in a few minutes.

**UPDATE**

I made up another gamertag and I am able to download apps...now what?

Last edited:

tallgeese

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow! You didn't get any useful replies. I wonder if anyone that responded have tried to download an app today.

I'm experiencing the problem you posted. Also, if you check your account's purchase history under 'Apps', it may show that "There are no purchases to report". I've downloaded free and $ apps since November 2010: no history of this as of 6/11/2011 6:23p Baltimore, MD.

Yes, there is a problem with the Marketplace and you're not the only one experiencing it.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Wow! You didn't get any useful replies.

Haha, thanks. As mentioned above in bold, it looks like others on XDA are having the issue, and that it isn't device related. Downloading an app was the first thing I tried, and had no issues.

**UPDATE**

I made up another gamertag and I am able to download apps...now what?

Not sure. It looks like it is an issue causing problems with only a select few live accounts. The fact that switching live accounts fixed the issue, further backs my assumption.

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the same message when trying to download new apps or update apps I already have. I hope MS gets this fixed soon.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the same message when trying to download new apps or update apps I already have. I hope MS gets this fixed soon.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

Haha, thanks. As mentioned above in bold, it looks like others on XDA are having the issue, and that it isn't device related. Downloading an app was the first thing I tried, and had no issues.

Not sure. It looks like it is an issue causing problems with only a select few live accounts. The fact that switching live accounts fixed the issue, further backs my assumption.

Wow! You didn't get any useful replies. I wonder if anyone that responded have tried to download an app today.

I'm experiencing the problem you posted. Also, if you check your account's purchase history under 'Apps', it may show that "There are no purchases to report". I've downloaded free and $ apps since November 2010: no history of this as of 6/11/2011 6:23p Baltimore, MD.

Yes, there is a problem with the Marketplace and you're not the only one experiencing it.

Thanks everyone...
I just never had this happen before.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Microsoft/Zune CS. They said that one of their servers went down and that's why only some people like myself are experiencing this issues while some others are not. He also said that when I activated a new live ID it was successful in downloading apps because that particular id was not associate with the server that went down.

he didn't have a timeline as to when this issue would be fixed either.

tallgeese

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
What!? No server clustering!? Next we'll find the server was connected to a Clapper and was shut off when the door slammed after the tech left the room AFTER he fixed the server.

Just kidding ;-)

Thanks for the info. I called in a ticket as well. Just have to wait...

TragicAcid

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem here too. When I try to update a app or download one I get a message saying the info is not available at this time please try again later. I'm also having problems with the Zune marketplace on my computer saying there is no selection available for purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos