Is anyone else having issues with Zune recognizing there phone?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Noticed this when I upgraded to the 4.8 software version. Zune will start up when I connect the phone but shows no device connected. The PC recognizes the phone just fine as well. It does show as two devices now instead of one (Samsung SHG-i917 and Windows Phone USB).

I've tried everything I can think of including reloading both my phone and PC (from OS up). I did a Google search for "windows phone 7 pc driver" and first thing that comes up is others describing the same situation. There is also a cat in the Samsung Focus board here with same issue. The MS solutions provided are useless.

Any advise would be appreciated....

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There is an update to Zune that simply will not install on either my desktop or my laptop. I have the latest NT framework installed so that's probably not it. I may need to reboot and try again. Windows 7, I hardly ever need to reboot anymore.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I just figured it was because I have an OLD pc... (almost 10 yrs old Dell with an P4, 2.0ghz CPU). It seems to depend on which USB port I plug the phone into (one port never seems to auto-detect the phone, the other one usually does manage to see the phone and launch Zune).

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I just figured it was because I have an OLD pc... (almost 10 yrs old Dell with an P4, 2.0ghz CPU). It seems to depend on which USB port I plug the phone into (one port never seems to auto-detect the phone, the other one usually does manage to see the phone and launch Zune).
I get that on my PC too and it's a relatively new one. Have to move the Skype phone into another USB now and again to get windows to see it. Doh! :)

Not had any Zune & WP7 problems so far. Long may that continue. :)

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Update:

It turned out to be the phone. Specifically the mini-USB port. Got a replacement and the issue is resolved. My phone was a refurbished model so I suspect whatever happened was likely the original issue with that device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3