Wtf zune?!?

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
This has been brewing at the back of my mind for a while now. It's 1am and I have to be at work in 5hrs and I'm too pissed to sleep because of Zune. Zune, you beautiful, simple, sexy sexy piece of sh*t!! It's bad enough I have to use this software at all to get MY crap onto MY phone from the company that made drag-and-drop explorer ubiquitous, but SO much worse since the software isn't flexible enough and doesn't offer the options that I need to make it work properly while keeping my stuff organized. :confused:

Let me set the scene that started this tirade, I have purchased an audio book. I spent the last 2 days burning it to cd because Audible doesn't have a WP7 app yet. I now have 52 discs that I need to import. On a side note, Zune puts the track# in the file name which is stupid and I can't turn it off, strike 1! So I get two discs into the process and resign myself to editing !!520!! track names to get rid of the numbers when I accidentally merge the first two albums and half the tracks disappear. WTF?!?

I've tried everything I can think of, there obviously isn't an un-merge option. I have switched the folders around, I have reset my library, I have moved the tracks around, nothing works. They either don't show up at all or I get only half the tracks.

Now I'm sure that there may be a fix for this, but that really isn't the point. I'm a fairly tech savvy guy and this software has me running around the room in my underwear at 1am screaming with my hands thrown up and getting caught in the ceiling fan. How does Microsoft expect WP7 to GAIN market acceptance when an important part of the system is bad enough to make one ALMOST look back fondly on one's time with Android!?!:mad:

/rant

Now, back to the issue I'm having, has anyone had any success with the un-merge thing? As far as I can see my only option is to choose a different naming scheme and rename all the tracks. Every time I try to re-sync the tracks in Zune the software apparently remembers that I merged the albums and I'm missing half the tracks.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry that I can't help, and it's hard to understand what you're doing with 52 disks, and that may affect my sleep tonight. ;) I use a couple of Zune HDs to listen to Audible books, and use only the AudibleManager to load, and forget it. You do mention Audible: is there any way that the Audible software could help? Or, have you tried deleting all book-related files/info and reload everything with the AM? Good luck getting past this.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Damn, not another Zune problem. And I was led to believe it was problem-free. If all else fails, blame the end-user!!

:lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6