Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Can it be done?

My 500+ songs on my Focus must go to my Lumia. It was a pain to get my apps set up as I knew that would be manu-all. Did MS drop the ball on this too? It seems Zune will not even recognize that both phones are plugged in at the same time. ugh!

Any help?

Don't think it can be done, and if not, it's because Microsoft are muppets. Unless you have DRM attached to the songs that prevent it anyway.

I tried to transfer non-DRM music files via bluetooth from my WinMo TP2 to my 710, which is usually fine with everything apart from Blackberry's, and it said it wasn't supported by the device, similar to what happens on Blackberry's. Admittedly, I've not tried to transfer from WinMo to iOS.

You have to transfer to your PC, then to the 710... but if they are DRM protected, you may not be able to, dependent upon the license. Ah, the beauty of paying for music you see, and they wonder why the Piratebay is still going strong!!

DRM is not an issue, sorry to mention, I have a Zune Pass...It looks like it can't be done...it should be effortless andt hen maybe I would upgrade on the dot when I am allowed to, but this was like getting a new PC, settings and passwords and removal of crap, ugh. Well this might be a longer term phone for me at this rate.

Any work around ideas out there? I can't drag and drop with Zune onto my desktop and I have always complained about that...

EDIT: MISSPELLS GALORE, I can't fathom why Bing Bar does not have spell check.
    Last edited by CJ Thunder; 04-19-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    So to be clear, there's no way to sync my old phone for the last time, then plug in my new phone and have it pull in all the same music/playlists? What if I name the device the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
    So to be clear, there's no way to sync my old phone for the last time, then plug in my new phone and have it pull in all the same music/playlists? What if I name the device the same?
    AFAIK you have to drag and drop your media in Zune. Sync your old phone, plug I your new one, and drag and drop your playlists etc. Bingo-bango.

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    Hmmm so moving only a playlist might move all the media? Hadn't though of that.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Thunder View Post
    EDIT: MISSPELLS GALORE, I can't fathom why Bing Bar does not have spell check.
    Well IE10 has a built in spell checker, nice...

Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    AFAIK you have to drag and drop your media in Zune. Sync your old phone, plug I your new one, and drag and drop your playlists etc. Bingo-bango.
    I don't use playlists and never will. I'm a shuffler!