Get ready for beta!

Prepare for Halo Wars 2 Blitz Mode beta: Everything you need to know!

One Windows

Microsoft is building a new Windows 10 Shell for PC, Mobile and Xbox

On the Inside

Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program

Beautiful compromises

Surface Studio review: you'll want one, even if you don't need one

3-in-1

Is this the Surface Phone? Microsoft awarded patents for foldable devices

Windows Central Offers

MCSE Certification bundle is just $39

Even more improvements

All the changes found in Windows 10 build 15007!

Games as a Service

What does the cancellation of Scalebound mean for future Xbox exclusives?

Windows Central Offers

Save $90 on these FRESHeBUDS Pro Magnetic Bluetooth Earbuds

Returning for 2017

We're back with an new episode of #AskDanWindows

Lifetime Subscription

VPNSecure is currently 91% off

Our favorite things

The Best of CES 2017 Awards

Infinity Edge in your hand

The XPS 13 2-in-1 is the Dell convertible we've always wanted

Project Valerie

Razer just made a laptop with three — THREE! — 17-inch 4K displays. 😱

Great design from Palo Alto

HP's CES 2017 releases are truly gorgeous PCs

Intel and Google's big day

CES 2017 Day Two: New laptops, new phones, and old ideas made new

Take five is better than ever

The updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 packs Kaby Lake chips and zero bloatware

Everything we know about the next Xbox: Project Scorpio

UWPowered

'Game Mode' for Windows 10 will power Xbox One and Scorpio games too

Buyer's guide

Best accessories for Microsoft Surface Book

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I am still on the original 3 Device, 3 PC, Kkep 10 songs a month Zune Pass (now Xbox Music Pass) subscription. I am trying to figure out two things.

One - Is there any way to tell which songs have DRM on them from Zune/Xbox Music Pass? I used to sort the music in Zune by which ones were "Zune Pass content" to know which ones I wanted to use my credits on, but I can't seem to tell now in Xbox Music.

Two - How do I actually use the credits? I thought that I would be able to just right click on songs that I wanted to use the credits on and choose to buy it or something, but I am not seeing a way to buy individual songs that I have downloaded as part of the Pass.

Thanks for any help!
    Bellyer

Quote Originally Posted by bellyer View Post
    I am still on the original 3 Device, 3 PC, Kkep 10 songs a month Zune Pass (now Xbox Music Pass) subscription. I am trying to figure out two things.

One - Is there any way to tell which songs have DRM on them from Zune/Xbox Music Pass? I used to sort the music in Zune by which ones were "Zune Pass content" to know which ones I wanted to use my credits on, but I can't seem to tell now in Xbox Music.

Two - How do I actually use the credits? I thought that I would be able to just right click on songs that I wanted to use the credits on and choose to buy it or something, but I am not seeing a way to buy individual songs that I have downloaded as part of the Pass.

Thanks for any help!
    Bellyer
    2) The new Xbox Music app does not support the 10-free song credits, because that version of the Zune Pass was discontinued a long time ago, so there was no reason to support that when its no longer available. Unfortunately, it leaves everyone else who was grandfathered into the Zune Pass + 10 free songs program behind. The only way to continue to take advantage of your credits would be to use the Zune software, that will continue to support the 10 free song credits thing.

Thanks, prjkthack! As much as I would love to not have to keep Zune installed anymore, I guess continuing to use Zune will actually address both of my questions.

I want my 10 songs on my surface RT....you are kidding, right?????
    And no Zune app for surface RT...so are you telling me I'm SOL?

Song credits still work on WP8 phones if you have the 14.99 music pass. Works just like on WP7. On Windows 8 (including RT / Surface), you can't use them directly. Gotta use either the Zune software (won't run on RT) or use ANY Windows Phone (7 OR 8).

Thanks gents. We're about to switch over to WP8 from 7.8 and I wondered how that would affect our experience as I still have the 10 credit subscription.

Question though: Currently, I use my Zune subscription to load music on both my and my wife's phones. She is unable to download new music from her phone directly, but I just routinely hook it up to Zune and add stuff I either own or downloaded using my pass. Will she be able to use X-Box music off of my Zune pass as well as myself when we matriculate to WP8?

Thanks,

Kip