Transfering purchased music from Zune to Xbox Music.

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone knows how? I have a few hundred purchased song on Zune (desktop) and I would like to transfer it to Xbox music and sync it to my Window Phone also. Thanks.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Music purchased through Zune does not have DRM. Music that you downloaded through Zune (but not purchased) should still play through Xbox Music. I have all my songs in the default Music folder. Xbox Music automatically added my songs. I didn't have to do anything extra.

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Music purchased through Zune does not have DRM. Music that you downloaded through Zune (but not purchased) should still play through Xbox Music. I have all my songs in the default Music folder. Xbox Music automatically added my songs. I didn't have to do anything extra.

Yeah, but I need to point it to a specify location where I storing the musics. How do you do that? I also tried to import playlists also...no luck!

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
OK, figured out how to import my Zune libraries. Go to Window Explorer, on the left menu there is a music icon, right click and select "Properties". From there you can point it to the location where you store your Zune musics. To add playlists you need to add a new location where the playlists is stored.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Zune Pass/Syncing WP from Xbox Music

I kinda had a similar question. I am upgrading to Windows 8 today and was wondering how transferring my Zune Pass Music over to Xbox Music would work. Can I just copy over my entire My Music directory and it should properly work? Additionally are you able to sync Windows Phone using the Xbox Music client?

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
My experience with switching is pretty poor. I have Win 7 laptops and a WP7 and 8 phone. The sync tool for Win 7 synced all my music fine, or so I thought. None of the music I downloaded to my WP7 phone works on my WP8 phone. I get 'unable to verify media usage writes' error on every song except those I either bought OR downloaded to my laptop first. It pretty sad.

Crakeur

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
this is a known problem, according to my conversation with zune tech support. The only work around, that I've found is not a workaround at all. Download the songs and, hopefully, you find another version of the same song available because the ones you already have on your pc and/or zune will show as in collection and your only option will be to buy the song.

I'm guessing (hoping) that there will be some kind of fix in the near future or, as has been mentioned, some form of sky drive music file to get the songs onto the wp8 devices.

Codemeup

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
You may wirelessly transfer/copy music files to your Windows Phone via a web browser using the updated version 1.0.2.0 of Music Drop by Codeceptive Studios. The first version was great but the new one is even better! And what's best about this app: it's fast, efficient and most of all free ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills