who still has a zune HD player and still uses it

cowboy620

Banned
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I you want to add Bluetooth to your Zune player?
here's a great adaptor to do that just charge it via USB, then plug it in to your headphone jack connect to you favorite audio device crank your tunes and enjoy.
It lasts about 7 hours on a charge my brother uses it on his 32GB Zune works great. I ordered mine today and will have it tomorrow.
here is the link to buy it from amazon for $40.
Amazon.com: Miccus Mini-jack TX: Bluetooth Music Transmitter pair it with Headphones, Speakers, Helmets and Bluetooth Receivers.: MP3 Players & Accessories

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have both 32 and 64HDs to play my ever-growing Zune/XBox Pass Collection. The 32 is filled to capacity and I regularly renew its content. The 64 is up to about 40GB and often has an audio book or two loaded. I use both without a case because they're too beautiful to mask, and because I like to slip them into a jean's change pocket for easy access.

When I want to use my DBest bluetooth speakers, I use my 36.9-GB Focus phone. I'm on my third Focus because I do let anyone handle that at any get-together. For such occasions, I put in on airplane mode and it plays for hours. Fortunately, the Focus has a replaceable battery and it can go all night. My favorite phone feature is being able to Bing/ID any music playing anywhere and downloading on demand.

I also have a Zune/XBox annual subscription with the original 6-device and 10-tracks plan. It is by far the best entertainment deal we have ever had.

My brother uses Blackberry, but is a new XBox music plan subscriber. He listens to music mostly through his fancy PC music server but has purchased a like-new Zune 80 for portable play.

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
No doubt the most underrated product MS ever release. So, so ahead of it's time. OLED screen? Really a shame it was a failure. For kicks I looked at youtube and I forgot how good it was. It was beautiful. Battery life was insane the screen was crazy good and still holds up today. Such a shame, but at least it lead the way to what metro is today. Hard to believe this little device with a loyal following that failed would be the blueprint to what MS is today. Crazy if you really step back and think about it.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep! I am always using my Zune HD 32 GB wherever I go.
My father has my original Zune 8GB
Considering buying a used Zune 120 GB online to get more space for my music.

Zune is one of the few brands that I was loyally attached to and I was so sad when they discontinued it. I simply cannot use iTunes no matter how much I want to, and now I'm forced to use a confusing patchwork of music services. Xbox Music is far behind Zune's glory and nothing else seems to work perfectly with my music collection. For now I cling to Zune's fading glory on my laptop. :grincry:

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I use my 64 GB HD on a Daily basis and am also grandfathered with the 10 song credits. I'm willing to bet the majority of people that have "XBOX MUSIC" are Zune Pass Subscribers. I say this as they still haven't fully kicked us out of the ZUNE MARKETPLACE!

So, thank you all that have fought the good fight. Hopefully when the ol' Marketplace goes down for good, we get those 10 song credits on the new one. If not... it was ... a pleasure being part of this group ;)

RyanJSG

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I still have my 16GB Zune HD. It's black and is in almost perfect condition. :). I currently have 10GB of it full of Cradle of Filth, Slipknot, Dimmu Borgir, Eminem, In Flames, and Insomnium.:angel:

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
It's fun and funny to see this old thread revived, reading what I used and did 2.5 years ago. Well, my 10-songs-included deal was finally retired last month, and I've been transitioned to an annual Groove Music Pass. MSFT refunded 7 months that were left on my great plan, and gave me a free 3 months of Groove. I DO still use my 32 and 64HDs, plus, for the 2-year interim and continuing, a Zune 80. The 32 has only some owned music and Audible books on it, and I mostly ignore it. The 64 can not-quite accommodate my now mature Collection, but I do still use it almost daily. The 80 is actually my favorite because it can take it all, and because I find the controls actually easiest to operate even though it isn't touch. This is especially appreciated on the road; it has been my favorite car-travel device for a couple of years. I just barely touch the directional pad and I can see what is playing.

I've been using a Lumia 1020 for a couple of years, with its inadequate 32gb limit; that is the main reason I traveled with the 80 connected. I now have the 950 which gives me back the expandability and replaceable battery of my old Focus, and this will probably be my main travel device now. The 80, otherwise, has been almost permanently connected to my Nakamichi stereo system in the living room-with its own cable charger- since I got it 2 years ago. It is, by far, the most common way I use my Nak.

I am also happy to report that, although I can no longer stream music through Zune desktop -as of this month, I can still download music, and most importantly, Zune does still sync my 64 and 80 players, including still renewing the DRM on all my downloaded Pass music -that is as of a couple of days ago. I'm sure that being a Groove subscriber now has everything to do with that.

Enjoy the music, regardless; but especially on your Zunes!

Bbeelzebub

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I've got 2 Zunes and 2 iPods. I never really liked the iPods but <3 <3 <3 my Zunes. That Zune HD is still beautiful to look at. That being said...... Once I got an Android phone, the Zune became a fossil and just sits and looks pretty.

If there had been headhunt integration or at least bluetooth, I'd still be rocking it. I miss that sleek interface.

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I still have my Zune HD but seldom use it unless I'm on a long trip and need to save battery life on my Windows Phone (now Galaxy S6 until a new windows phone comes to Verizon). That being said, I still think the Zune HD is the best portable music player out there and its hardware was really ahead of its time and still stacks up relatively well to modern smartphones.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a HD........yet. As long as I can load music from my downloads via zune software, I will have one. I do have 3 8gb zune players, a red, green and blue. The green and blue are both the artist series with engraving on the back panel. sound is fantastic, interface is stellar and battery life is amazing.

BlueEchoes

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I am calling my Lumia 640 phone my Zune player now. I owned a Zune right when it came out, and now I am using that phone as my player (not using it as a phone). Was thinking of painting the back brown.

xxxthebxxx

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna be the guy to revive this thread again, but I'm still using Zune and I love it! My Christmas gift back in 2008 was a Zune 8 player, and I used that for whenever I listened to music daily for several years.

Finally, in 2014, it filled up to the point where I had to only keep select songs on it, so a quick trip to Ebay and I purchased a Zune 30 that was years older than my 8. I'm listening to it as I write this now, and even with all my music loaded it still has 15 GB remaining! It'll be years until I upgrade again.

I realize Zune never really sold as well as the iPod, but still, I don't understand why Microsoft continues to re-invent their music offering. I've had Zune on every PC I've owned, from Vista to Windows 10 today, and I love how easily it loads all my music and lets me edit details. Syncing couldn't be easier, either. I probably use the desktop software more than my player these days! It was well ahead of its time, and hope it stays supported on PCs in the future.

1shado1

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Still have 3 Zune HD (16, 32, 64GB), two flash Zunes (red 4GB, blue 8GB). Also have a black 30GB, and a red 30GB, but I replaced the original drive with an 80GB. Use them on a rotational basis, a different one almost every day. As much as I love the HD Zunes, the red 30 with the 80GB drive is still my favorite. The chunky form factor seems to fit best in my hand. Also have the Altec Lansing M604 speaker dock, as well as the Kicker ZK500 speaker dock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes