Will I be able to use my Zune HD mp3 player with the Groove Music program?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

will i be able to use my zune hd mp3 player with the groove music program

I have a mp3 player and I want to know will I still be able to listen to music on it with this groove music program.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: will i be able to use my zune hd mp3 player with the groove music program

You can still use the Zune software on your PC to manage music on your Zune device. That software will continue to work. However, you won't be able to purchase music or download music through a Zune Music Pass.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

You can still use the Zune software on your PC to manage music on your Zune device. That software will continue to work. However, you won't be able to purchase music or download music through a Zune Music Pass.
There hasn't been a Zune Music Pass for years. Do you mean, or know whether, I'll be able to sync any of my Zune players (2 HDs and an 80) with Groove Music software, and download music to it through my now-transitioned-to Groove Music Pass (from Xbox Music Pass). Thanks, from someone navigating through OS, music software, Zune player, MS Pass, and soon, phone transitions -at least.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
No, you won't be able to download or buy music from Microsoft with the Zune software.

Going forward, you'll only be able to listen to synchronize music you already own with the Zune software.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
No, you won't be able to download or buy music from Microsoft with the Zune software.

Going forward, you'll only be able to listen to synchronize music you already own with the Zune software.
Yes, I've known this since a 15 Oct. MS email; but, my question was about Groove software. If you don't know, that's ok, thanks. I'll learn it first hand soon enough.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Zune device will only work with Zune software. It will not work with Groove. If you head into the Zune forum you will see plenty of complaints when support was dropped with XBoxmusic.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've known this since a 15 Oct. MS email; but, my question was about Groove software. If you don't know, that's ok, thanks. I'll learn it first hand soon enough.

I'm not seeing what I didn't answer. You can still use Zune for music you own. The Zune software will no longer download music. Neither the Zune software, nor Zune MP3 players will play music that you downloaded from a Groove music pass.

1_KELZ_2

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Really unfortunate. After all these years with Microsoft-the glory days of the Zune HD & Zune app, the suckitude of XBox Music and the final nail in the coffin with the craptasitic Groove, I've finally had it. You take my nifty little HD out of the mix and there is absolutely no reason to stay on.:angry:

Livi0459

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
All I have to say is I HATE GROOVE! I renewed my groove yearly pass, just like I had done for sooo many years with ZUNE. Again, doing away with Zune though I understand it from a business stand point, was one of the worst decisions Microsoft made for their loyal Zune customers. Groove doesn't even come close to the Zune software where I could download podcasts, videos, music, pictures...can you do that with Groove?...NO! I am afraid to connect my old Zune to my computer as I am afraid I will loose some of my favorite, old songs once I do.

I used to use the Zune as my music player for Zumba classes I teach. Tried doing that with the Groove...constantly interrupted. Some songs didn't play, some stopped in the middle of the song even when my playlist was marked as available offline...in other words a totally disaster! You say they will play off line when requested...IT DOES NOT!!!

This will most likely be the last year for me buying a yearly pass. I am sure you've had your earful about Groove. I think is time you rethink the groove, too.:crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa