Next Zune date? Zune-pass downloads still work?

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Was there another Zune announcement from Microsoft in the past few months? I know they have been slowly taking things away from the Zune service. Is there another date upcoming that we need to be aware of?

Also, it is possible to re-download your Zune content at this point (either subscription-based or paid)? I moved to a new PC, and nothing Zune-related plays.

Thanks!

Conner Woods

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
As of right now, almost all Zune services have been discontinued or transferred to Xbox/Groove music. As of right now, you can still download podcasts and sync your devices, but the marketplace functionality has been stripped and in order to redownload your purchased content, you will need to use the Groove or Video apps in windows 10. All purchases carry over to this service.

Among other services that have disappeared, videos can no longer be converted via the Zune software (at least in Win 10), so I have been unable to sync any new videos to my Zune (including video podcasts). In addition, I've noticed XNA and the Audible audiobook manager don't work on Win10, so right now I don't know of a way to sync audiobooks and games.

I have not confirmed many of the problems I am facing with Microsoft or other services. Just what I've concluded from my observations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo