Microsoft will invest $3.3 billion in a Wisconsin AI datacenter, and President Biden is on-site to announce the news and take a shot at President T...

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

GothardJ2

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
As a Wisconsinite who was against the Foxconn plan from the start, it is great to see that there is something actually happening on this site. I'm glad that Microsoft is the company coming there, and will definitely be following this story as it relates to the technology, community, jobs, and economy.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As a Wisconsinite who was against the Foxconn plan from the start, it is great to see that there is something actually happening on this site. I'm glad that Microsoft is the company coming there, and will definitely be following this story as it relates to the technology, community, jobs, and economy.
Yeah, I'm a Wisconsinite (now in IN) with family in WI too. As soon as that whole Foxconn plan was announced I told everyone it was going to not only fail, but the company was NEVER going to follow through with the whole contract and would try and squeeze their way out of a lot of it (which they did). I hated the deal with a passion (it's a horrible horrible company) and it was a financial mess by the Governor. I'm super happy Microsoft is stepping in on this one! This is definitely a win for WI. I do hope the state didn't give away 40 years of tax revenue to get the deal - but should be some great jobs.

Google just announce a similar facility where I'm at in IN with a 2.3 Billion dollar data center breaking ground. Seems the Midwest is getting the tech expansion!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz