The W3 and I will guess the W4 will run a TV @ 1920x1080

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So I at long last went out and got my USB OTG plug so I could hook up some hardware to my W3. Anyway Friday was play day for the W3, as I hooked it up to my Vizio 37" LCD TV via the HDMI.

The only game that had issue was Asphalt 8. I don't think the Intel Atom inside just has the HP to run a game like this at full HD. WSOP looked awesome and played very well!!

Anyway I think this W3 could become quite a nice Skype machine for the living room, as the Tablet screen can be turned off as it runs the TV, but the Camera app and Acer Crystal Eye still work well. Even if the video is a touch grainy. It will allow for 720p res in Skype which if your chatting with someone on the other side of the world is ok for casual chat.

Surfing the web works well with no lag using the Modern ie browser.

I am impressed just how well this little tablet works as a home PC, even though it has so many bad reviews on Youtube.

The W3- a USB OTG and Mini HDMI a USB Hub with a 2 TB drive with Keyboard/Mouse dongle, and an Xbox 360 controller, could replace my living room PC and save me some space. Once I figure how to place the Tablet on it's stand so the couch is centered on the camera I could chat with my friend in the Ukraine in comfort.

I am glad I got this little tablet on clearance !!!!! I would highly recommend picking one up if the price is low as a cheep Skype or movie machine for a living room or bed room PC.

I should also say the W4 should have the added better screen also, but should match the W3 in terms of what it can do.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
You know, I never really give Acer a second thought, and I don't know why. Never hear a bit of complaints about their devices. This sounds like a really decent product.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
My first desktop was an Acer product and I had it for almost 6 years (specs were really outdated so I built a new PC.) They make solid products at good prices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb