GSMArena: Acer Jade Primo Review

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Nobody has an opinion on the very first review of a very first flagship, from a very first third party vendor, with a very first continuum feature set?

I thought everybody has an opinion on everything nowadays. Guess I was wrong. :(

-- W

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOL @ Guytronic.

I've said before I like the dock. I think it is a bit more elegant of a solution than Microsoft's.

Thing about those GSMArena reviews, they are long and droning.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this device is available in stores yet.

I just searched Amazon and only saw cases and screen protectors.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Look on the bright side though RumoredNow. The long and droning review means we get to read about the little/small things that usually dont get any attention paid to them, especially during the quick reviews we're used to seeing nowadays. And it also means the review gets done in much more depth than would normally be reserved for a device so niche. And with a community the size of ours. The more exposure/coverage we can get, or any of our devices can get, especially favorable press time, the better. I mean lets be honest, WC is only going to attract enthusiasts per se. So our coverage is kind of moot. A neutral media house/tech press site giving us coverage would put us out on the real landscape more, and better.

Now imagine the Verge giving us a review. One of our devices. And even the HP Elite X3. And rating it better than an iPhone. And terming it their new it device, and editors award/choice. O_O Now that would be the day. :p :D

-- W

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
But yes, jaded we all are. I guess Acer knew what it was getting into. When they all decided to name it the Acer 'Jade' Primo.

-- W

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yup, I remember that. Was nice to get a run down of the device back when no one even knew about it, to confirm that it was real and not just more vaporware like many things windows nowadays. And now we have our very first long format review for the device as well. And guess what, the funny thing is they're both echoing many of the same/similar sentiments. Guess that gives Acer something to work on for their next almost-flagship device. If there's going to be another one. And frankly right now, everything is up in the air. So we really dont know anything about anything right now. In regards to the future. But like they all say. Exciting times ahead of us. Of all the three/four major ecosystems on the market, we're the ones living really on the edge. We're the only ones really alive. If you catch my drift. ;) :D

But serious, if Acer decides to price it like an Acer, this thing might just move some serious units. And have a real chance at market penetration and gaining market traction. But one can wish, right. Thats what dreamers are for. Its a hard world out there. And we all know we're all dreamers here.

-- W

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone mention a proposed price for this baby?

Having the attention span of a gnat I think I missed it.
Thought I read from someone on here saying they heard from someone else that they knew a guy who said it would be in the mid 600's USD.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
My great aunt's uncles son's best friend told my dad's brother who told his daughter, who Im on good terms with, who told my other cousin who came over and told my neighbors kid who told my yet unborn children that we have no idea about the official pricing yet, except for the fact that its all going to be marketed as a bundle. But from what my friend's friend's brother told my dog who then told me kitty, who came and meowed it to me in my sleep one night, it might be somewhere in the ballpark of 400-ish USD, with an added two Benjamins for the all-in accessory package. It could be that, or it could 600+200. For right now. Who really even knows? ^_^

-- W

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My great aunt's uncles son's best friend told my dad's brother who told his daughter, who Im on good terms with, who told my other cousin who came over and told my neighbors kid who told my yet unborn children that we have no idea about the official pricing yet, except for the fact that its all going to be marketed as a bundle. But from what my friend's friend's brother told my dog who then told me kitty, who came and meowed it to me in my sleep one night, it might be somewhere in the ballpark of 400-ish USD, with an added two Benjamins for the all-in accessory package. It could be that, or it could 600+200. For right now. Who really even knows? ^_^

-- W
LOL! This post made my day!
55277892.jpg

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I saw someone's autocorrect once change Nuans Neo to Nu Anus Neo once in the WC comments page. Made me wonder what it was that they type on their phone with such regularity. But suffice it to say that it was hilarious at the time. Almost made me do a spit take. :p

But yes, that, and the new Vaio phone. Makes me wish they were both global variants too, nice phones. Beautiful too. And that they are OnePlus One, or even Xiaomi prices, if not Honor 5X or Zenfone2 prices. Thats what would really give the volume a kicker in its pants. They need to figure some way out to get all these phones out to the low margin, high volume OEMs/ODMs that make flagship grade or upper tier devices. :)

I was counting on this Acer to be that phone for the masses so far, but obviously not. Nor the Alcatel.

-- W

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Any word in availability? GSMArena says it's already released, but i can't even find it on Acer's site.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Its not out in the US yet, but its apparently been launched in parts of EU, UK, and Asia. So you can probably find it in the market centric websites for Acer, I know, hard hunting. They're almost trying to make it so that nobody can buy it, or even if they do, you dont let them. Which, frankly speaking, sucks. Alot. :'(

Could you kindly tell us what market you're in, and maybe we could probably try and hunt it down for you, or its nearest availability. If possible. :)

-- W

Dedpewl

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

-- W

Are you Michael Pena's character from Ant Man?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo