12-19-2016 12:15 AM
31 12
tools
    Since it seems our own bunch of nice people here at WC havent gotten a chance to get around to doing this. I'm posting this here. One of the very first reviews of one of our very own WM flagship devices. Fire away below folks. :)

Acer Liquid Jade Primo review: Windows Prime - GSMArena.com

-- W
    04-02-2016 07:20 AM
    Nobody has an opinion on the very first review of a very first flagship, from a very first third party vendor, with a very first continuum feature set?

I thought everybody has an opinion on everything nowadays. Guess I was wrong. :(

-- W
    04-03-2016 02:44 PM
    I thought everybody has an opinion on everything nowadays.
    Looks like we're all worn out

Definitely a very nice phone.
    04-03-2016 02:49 PM
    LOL @ Guytronic.

I've said before I like the dock. I think it is a bit more elegant of a solution than Microsoft's.

Thing about those GSMArena reviews, they are long and droning.

xandros9 and Guytronic like this.
    04-03-2016 03:06 PM
    Anyone...anyone...
    xandros9 and RumoredNow like this.
    04-03-2016 03:09 PM
    I don't think this device is available in stores yet.

I just searched Amazon and only saw cases and screen protectors.
    Guytronic and RumoredNow like this.
    04-03-2016 03:16 PM
    Look on the bright side though RumoredNow. The long and droning review means we get to read about the little/small things that usually dont get any attention paid to them, especially during the quick reviews we're used to seeing nowadays. And it also means the review gets done in much more depth than would normally be reserved for a device so niche. And with a community the size of ours. The more exposure/coverage we can get, or any of our devices can get, especially favorable press time, the better. I mean lets be honest, WC is only going to attract enthusiasts per se. So our coverage is kind of moot. A neutral media house/tech press site giving us coverage would put us out on the real landscape more, and better.

Now imagine the Verge giving us a review. One of our devices. And even the HP Elite X3. And rating it better than an iPhone. And terming it their new it device, and editors award/choice. O_O Now that would be the day. :P :D

-- W
    04-03-2016 03:18 PM
    But yes, jaded we all are. I guess Acer knew what it was getting into. When they all decided to name it the Acer 'Jade' Primo.

-- W
    04-03-2016 03:19 PM
    04-03-2016 03:21 PM
    Yup, I remember that. Was nice to get a run down of the device back when no one even knew about it, to confirm that it was real and not just more vaporware like many things windows nowadays. And now we have our very first long format review for the device as well. And guess what, the funny thing is they're both echoing many of the same/similar sentiments. Guess that gives Acer something to work on for their next almost-flagship device. If there's going to be another one. And frankly right now, everything is up in the air. So we really dont know anything about anything right now. In regards to the future. But like they all say. Exciting times ahead of us. Of all the three/four major ecosystems on the market, we're the ones living really on the edge. We're the only ones really alive. If you catch my drift. ;) :D

But serious, if Acer decides to price it like an Acer, this thing might just move some serious units. And have a real chance at market penetration and gaining market traction. But one can wish, right. Thats what dreamers are for. Its a hard world out there. And we all know we're all dreamers here.

-- W
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    04-03-2016 03:50 PM
    Did anyone mention a proposed price for this baby?

Having the attention span of a gnat I think I missed it.
    Thought I read from someone on here saying they heard from someone else that they knew a guy who said it would be in the mid 600's USD.
    04-03-2016 07:13 PM
    My great aunt's uncles son's best friend told my dad's brother who told his daughter, who Im on good terms with, who told my other cousin who came over and told my neighbors kid who told my yet unborn children that we have no idea about the official pricing yet, except for the fact that its all going to be marketed as a bundle. But from what my friend's friend's brother told my dog who then told me kitty, who came and meowed it to me in my sleep one night, it might be somewhere in the ballpark of 400-ish USD, with an added two Benjamins for the all-in accessory package. It could be that, or it could 600+200. For right now. Who really even knows? ^_^

-- W
    04-03-2016 11:45 PM
    My great aunt's uncles son's best friend told my dad's brother who told his daughter, who Im on good terms with, who told my other cousin who came over and told my neighbors kid who told my yet unborn children that we have no idea about the official pricing yet, except for the fact that its all going to be marketed as a bundle. But from what my friend's friend's brother told my dog who then told me kitty, who came and meowed it to me in my sleep one night, it might be somewhere in the ballpark of 400-ish USD, with an added two Benjamins for the all-in accessory package. It could be that, or it could 600+200. For right now. Who really even knows? ^_^

-- W
    LOL! This post made my day!
    55277892.jpg
    Werentuckl and Guytronic like this.
    04-03-2016 11:51 PM
    Gracias Ma'dame, always a pleasure. :) ^~^

-- W
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-04-2016 12:16 AM
    *sigh* I'd still rather Nuans Neo made it to the US. Spec | NuAns
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-04-2016 11:20 AM
    I saw someone's autocorrect once change Nuans Neo to Nu Anus Neo once in the WC comments page. Made me wonder what it was that they type on their phone with such regularity. But suffice it to say that it was hilarious at the time. Almost made me do a spit take. :P

But yes, that, and the new Vaio phone. Makes me wish they were both global variants too, nice phones. Beautiful too. And that they are OnePlus One, or even Xiaomi prices, if not Honor 5X or Zenfone2 prices. Thats what would really give the volume a kicker in its pants. They need to figure some way out to get all these phones out to the low margin, high volume OEMs/ODMs that make flagship grade or upper tier devices. :)

I was counting on this Acer to be that phone for the masses so far, but obviously not. Nor the Alcatel.

-- W
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    04-04-2016 12:23 PM
    Any word in availability? GSMArena says it's already released, but i can't even find it on Acer's site.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    05-10-2016 03:44 PM
    Its not out in the US yet, but its apparently been launched in parts of EU, UK, and Asia. So you can probably find it in the market centric websites for Acer, I know, hard hunting. They're almost trying to make it so that nobody can buy it, or even if they do, you dont let them. Which, frankly speaking, sucks. Alot. :'(

Could you kindly tell us what market you're in, and maybe we could probably try and hunt it down for you, or its nearest availability. If possible. :)

-- W
    RumoredNow and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-11-2016 04:32 PM

-- W

Are you Michael Pena's character from Ant Man?
    05-26-2016 01:44 PM
    You will never know DedPewl. Unless you take that mask off sonnie. :)

-- W
    06-08-2016 01:57 PM
    Does anyone own this phone? They really screwed this release

Sent from mTalk
    06-08-2016 06:09 PM
    They did at that. There's been no news, users, nothing. In forever. Even our forums are dead about it. :(

-- W
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-09-2016 01:51 AM
    It's apparently out in the Philippines at least. A press explosion about this device happened on April 15.

But at PHP 28,990 ($616.87 as of 7/3/2016), it's not exactly a good deal for people who can go out and buy the Lumia 950/XL in their native currency. It's also being sold as Phone + accessories (monitor, keyboard and mouse) only for now.

P.S. Some websites are reporting that this phone also has a heatpipe like the Lumias.

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=a...H&cr=countryPH
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-03-2016 04:04 PM
    Good magework detective! ^_^ Gonna go and look it up now. :3 ^~^

-- W
    07-03-2016 06:10 PM
    Had my meat hooks on this beast a couple of nights ago at the MS store and I can't say it made my heart race. It's a smidge smaller than the 640XL on all sides but the curved back made it feel much smaller in hand. It's also quite slippery, definitely need a TPU for this guy. The display is a winner and it makes the 1520's display seem dull for sure. The sounds were well above average, I don't know if the GSMArena review unit was on an earlier build but the sounds were very good. Maybe I'm spoiled by PureView but the camera on this phone is NOT indicative of what a 21MP shooter is capable of. The 18MP Schnauzer-Hasenpfeffer (or whatever it's called) setup on the missus' Priv blows it away. Like any Windows devices sporting more than 2GB of RAM, it flew. The advantages of a light OS are clearly on display.

Please note this mini review was based on about 10 minutes of handling so take it for what it's worth.
    10-15-2016 06:53 PM
31 12