Dove in and got a Acer Jade Primo Bundle. With the price drop I had to...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Have no idea why, no update available. Been over 24 hrs now. :(
Check your Insider app and make sure you're on Fast Ring. It defaults to Release Preview and doesn't move. You'll know you're good if the app automatically reboots after selecting the Fast Ring.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I give up, now it will not even load up. Just gives a server error.

I'll just WDRT back to original, take the one update it does and leave it as is.

Since it's been buggy to even get going, I'm not going to risk it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I give up, now it will not even load up. Just gives a server error.

I'll just WDRT back to original, take the one update it does and leave it as is.

Since it's been buggy to even get going, I'm not going to risk it.
No shame in it. There's only a few apps that require Anniversary Update anyway. Be sure to check out that camera.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Well only 4 weeks to get it to update, and battery life is so much better then .318 and the other update. Quicker unlock also!! Microsoft seems to have fixed the issues Acer left in.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Is the camera faster after a few updates? I heard it was very slow for people when it launched.

I would say it is not the fastest, however the pictures I take come out well.

I am not someone who uses Camera in the process of picking my Phones.

Continuum, the Dock, USB C, and screen quality for use with a Stylus Pen were my main factors.

Once the price fell off I jumped. I can say having left a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL the phone has been a treat to use!!

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I would say it is not the fastest, however the pictures I take come out well.

I am not someone who uses Camera in the process of picking my Phones.

Continuum, the Dock, USB C, and screen quality for use with a Stylus Pen were my main factors.

Once the price fell off I jumped. I can say having left a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL the phone has been a treat to use!!

Yea wish there were more affordable choices, if the Lumia 950 I recently purchased doesn't work out for me the only options left are this Acer and maybe the alcatel. I do need a decent camera so that might mean the Acer would be the next best choice.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea wish there were more affordable choices, if the Lumia 950 I recently purchased doesn't work out for me the only options left are this Acer and maybe the alcatel. I do need a decent camera so that might mean the Acer would be the next best choice.
If a good camera is important, avoid the Idol 4S. It has the worst camera of any Windows phone and it's not even close. It's a slick performer, one of the best behind the x3 and the Primo. Hands down the best audio but the camera is a serious letdown.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05