Mouse pointer random freezes

barney.bloggs

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Acer Aspire SW10-012
Windows 10 Home Edition
Anniversary Update 1607

Computer upgraded to the anniversary update with no problems when the update was first released.
In the last 2 or 3 weeks though I've noticed the mouse pointer randomly freezes for 3 seconds or more.
It's annoying now.
I've searched Acer website for issues and cannot find anything. I've restored the computer to an earlier backup from when I didn't have the issue but it is still there.
I've also done the usual Google searches and have seen loads of posts where using the physical keyboard up/down arrows resolves the problem. This doesn't work in my case though.
I've gone through settings and turned off stuff that I don't need in case there are background processes causing the issue all to no avail.
As a long shot I even turned off fast boot.
Anybody have any ideas please?

Regards,
Neil

barney.bloggs

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi holdum333
Thanks for the reply. I already checked the Acer site for updated drivers to no avail. They say on their site:
After update to Windows 10 check for updated drivers using Windows Update. And Windows update says I already have the best drivers.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Thanks for your reply. The only thing that comes to mind is hardware. Maybe a loose connection. If that's the cause, the issue will probably get worse! It would be very difficult to check the connections. You could go into devise manager and check for updated driver.
Here's how: It won't hurt any thing. It's worth a shot!
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver Software. ...
Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

barney.bloggs

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi holdum333,
Thank you for the repose again. Automatic search does not find any new drivers and informs me that I have the latest. Also as this is a tablet there are no connections for me to fiddle about with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)