Idol 4 Pro already delayed …

Cosmin Petrenciuc

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
No, I would not. I won't switch my Lumia 950 XL for a new Alcatel Idol 4. Its hardware is a year old. Its OS (Windows 10 Mobile that is) probably won't be supported for long by Microsoft.
Even if it would happen that I would broke tomorrow my Lumia I still wouldn't buy it. I would probably switch to either Samsung Galaxy S8 or to HTC U11.
I can't understand why Alcatel comes to European market with this model so late. What's the point?

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, it looks like the new Idol 4 Pro from Alcatel is already delayed in the UK. And its availability is limited anyway. Not a great start.

Are you still interested? If so, are you interested enough to buy one? I'm thinking my Idol 4s is probably enough for me right now, seeing as how they're basically the same phone, even if the new Idol makes its way to the U.S. at some point.

No. I've been on the HTC and Nokia bandwagon too long to switch to the lesser known Alcatel. There is a lesser known track record of device quality and service on Windows 10 mobile. The future of 10 mobile is uncertain by Microsoft and they're not transparent about its future and future updatablility. If Microsoft would work or returning reliability in thise fields then it might be interesting. For me only the Lumia have had any track record of what to expect on 10 mobile to date.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Nope. I dumped Windows 10 Mobile to the curb when I couldn't take it anymore with my 950XL dual SIM. Took the 950XL back and got my money back. Constant hardware and software crashes. Apps crashes. Resuming crashing. wake crashes. Cortana crashes. Camera crashes. Random reboots. Phone gets hot randomly. Lack of developer support resulting in terrible apps and lack of apps.

I'll wait until something inspiring comes along.

Lordtree

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
If at a lower price tag... Definitely. There are a few shortcomings: Storage, removable battery and OIS. Other than that out is excellent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett