Idol 4 Pro already delayed …

Al Sacco

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Well, it looks like the new Idol 4 Pro from Alcatel is already delayed in the UK. And its availability is limited anyway. Not a great start.

Are you still interested? If so, are you interested enough to buy one? I'm thinking my Idol 4s is probably enough for me right now, seeing as how they're basically the same phone, even if the new Idol makes its way to the U.S. at some point.

Last edited:

imo786

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, it looks like the new Idol 4 Pro from Alcatel is already delayed in the UK. And its availability is limited anyway. Not a great start.

Are you still interested? If so, are you interested enough to buy one? I'm thinking my Idol 4s is probably enough for me right now, seeing as how they're basically the same phone, even if the new Idol makes its way to the U.S. at some point.

Nope. Not interested. Definitely won't be buying a windows phone in the current conditions. There are just so much better out there.

gwgarcia67

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Not in this phone, no. But I have the Elite X3 and a couple days ago my phone broke her 950XL and was forced to go back to her iPhone. Knowing the future of Windows mobile, she soon insisted I buy her an Elite X3 as well so she didn't have to use her iPhone (which she used to love, but now hates). She is counting down the days until she gets her Windows phone in the mail. Odd yes, but we just enjoy the OS. She is not as app dependent as she thought she was and prefers to ride out the WP thing to the end. I feel the same.

gakubuchi

May 29, 2013
Visit site

If would come to Spain with a price tag between 250€ and 300€, then yes. But 600€ or more, no way. I'm still a Windows phone user, but I'm losing my faith.

Stephen Townsley

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
In a parallel history of the last 2 years this is what Windowsphone needs. An OEM providing a Windowsphone in the market.

If, and it's a big if, Microsoft had said we are continuing to back Windowsphone with ongoing software developing Windows 10 Mobile. if they had released one or two phones and encouraged other OEMs then this phone would be worth consideration

If Microsoft continue to appear to be lukewarm on mobile then no one should recommend this product.

Microsoft could have moved to being a one phone a year manufacturer using off the shelf Chinese devices adapted to run Windows 10 Mobile. Just showing some vague interest would have gotten some sales in millions. Not huge but some.

imstymied

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the device and its a great device. Fast, thin and overall a great phone. It took a bit to realize there is nothing like a Lumia just because of the apps you take for granted that are not there by default.

Now the bad is their support. It is the worst I have ever encountered. A month in the speaker went wonky so I sent it in to get it fixed. I bought an unlocked phone and during the repair they flashed the phone. Fair enough except they flashed it with the T-Mobile rom. That was June 28th the phone has gone back twice to be reflashed and it keeps coming back with the T-Mobile rom. One would think they would just ship a different phone but they keep sending the same phone back. The only eason I know its the same phone is it still has the screen cover on it I put on when I got the phone.

There support is subpar at best.

alinpletea15

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I want a low entry device with windows,with 2gb ram.In my country Romania,can buy in this moment just lumia 640 and 950..and 950 is expensive fore me

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
That's so romantic!! I've got the X3 and LOVE IT! Best phone ever. My wife has the 950xl and she just loves her phone. She has to get a new phone for her work and it has to be an iPhone. She'd rather not get it but it's a must. :( Anyway, glad to hear you guys are hanging in there - there's no choice really, who can leave the WM environment for the 'other'...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12