Where is the promised SUPERPHONE from Alcatel? We are betrayed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT_17

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Well so are again betrayed. Last time while announce the OneTouch XL affordable w10m they promised a they'll release a Superphone. Some of us thinking that would be the Idol 4. But where? Their event has passed. Everything passed quit well as expected. But where the promised Superphone? They forgot that? We again betrayed.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If you're referring to this article (Alcatel OneTouch's Windows 10 Mobile 'superphone' reportedly called the Idol Pro 4 | Windows Central) which cited this article (Alcatel's Idol Pro 4 may be the promised "superphone" - MSPoweruser), then we weren't promised anything. But since it's mentioned as "planned" - not all plans come to realization. It might, but it also might not.

We really can't hold onto rumors. By now we should have learned from McClaren. In addition, the said reference has been known to rather hastily make conclusions as mentioned in a previous squabble between them and certain editors.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Jeez, if you already feel betrayed by a rumor of a phone then I would recommend you to never go and vote during an election.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well... Its mid summer and the only news I can find on this device is the initial stuff from last Feb/march.

Anyone know anything about it that is recent? Me thinks its been cancelled.

patrickhday

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, it made it through WiFi certification in June and is set to be sold through T-Mobile. If It Doesn't get outed in September, I'll get a Lumia 950 XL. I can only hope Alcatel didnt get cold feet and ditch the phone. Anyone hear any new news? Daniel?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, it made it through WiFi certification in June and is set to be sold through T-Mobile. If It Doesn't get outed in September, I'll get a Lumia 950 XL. I can only hope Alcatel didnt get cold feet and ditch the phone. Anyone hear any new news? Daniel?
Nothing at all. I'm just here to say that I appreciate your avatar immensely.

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm on record to say the the Amazing World of Gumball is THE best cartoon out right know. The episode where he gets his picture taken like this is epically funny even better is when Richard teaches them to steal candy and Nicole goes crazy in the grocery store.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I would love to know this as well. An alcatel idol 4s would be a great windows phone

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
It would change the Windows phone for the foreseeable future, if the specs are correct it will change the landscape and put Alcatel in the hearts of all Windows phone fans for a long time.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It would change the Windows phone for the foreseeable future, if the specs are correct it will change the landscape and put Alcatel in the hearts of all Windows phone fans for a long time.

Except it may be exclusive to T-MoUS only. Doesn't really help everyone...

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
It can be purchased, unlocked, and used on another carrier no? Hopefully its a timed exclusivity period, and if the thing gets released anyway....this waiting is killing me!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
These device releases for Windows take eons for some reason.
In the past whenever I thought an idea may have been decommissioned it pops up.

It's very tough to get excited about rumored Microsoft enabled mobile devices these days looking back at the tortuous wait times.
I'll e-mail the Alcatel One touch support people and see if they actually reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss