11-02-2016 10:11 PM
120 ... 345
tools
    I admittedly haven't scoured the entire forums for this but I haven't seen much talk about the camera except it is supposedly the same Sony camera that came in the Moto Z Force. As I have looked into it, that phone's camera was not given much of any praise. It is like listening to people talk about how bad the X3's camera is. Can anyone provide more info on the camera besides the megapixel count?
    10-25-2016 10:23 PM
    Originally posted by IM4CHRST
    I admittedly haven't scoured the entire forums for this but I haven't seen much talk about the camera except it is supposedly the same Sony camera that came in the Moto Z Force. As I have looked into it, that phone's camera was not given much of any praise. It is like listening to people talk about how bad the X3's camera is. Can anyone provide more info on the camera besides the megapixel count?
    I got this from a posting on crackberry.com. "Sony IMX230 21 mp sensor, same as the ELEPHONE M3 and Moto X Style"
    10-25-2016 10:47 PM
    Obviously that is for the dtek60...The TCL built blackberry version of the idol 4s with SD 820 4GB of RAM
    10-25-2016 10:53 PM
    Originally posted by IM4CHRST
    The moto z force came with a Sony IMX338 Exmor RS
    (1.12m, 1/2.4"). DxOMark gave a rating of 87 to the moto z force when evaluating the camera on it.
    10-25-2016 11:13 PM
    what was wrong with the phone?
    Problem with the build.
    If you look in my previous postings under the One Touch forums my complaint is listed.
    10-25-2016 11:25 PM
    That was fast the fierce xl hasn't even been out a year yet

Sent from mTalk
    Longer than the 640 though, lol! Interesting that they do this though...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-26-2016 10:06 AM
    There is a new leak. Looks like T-Mobile is going to distinguish the Windows Idol 4s with metal trim color of "Halo Gold".
    10-26-2016 02:33 PM
    This phone from what the description says can open up the camera from the side button. Well at least it has one lumia-esque design that is encouraging. I hope this does very well for the platform.
    Alex Zapata and joshcaleb27 like this.
    10-26-2016 08:14 PM
    Aluminum and glass? Wow ! We windows fans have arrived lol.
    10-26-2016 08:17 PM
    I hope what I recently saw is not true. I was able to find a cached webpage of Alcatel's website showing the IDOL 4s with Windows from 9/28/2016. It shows it exclusively from T-Mobile and links to their site. I also saw under specifications the connectivity below which makes it exclusively T-Mobile only supporting 3 LTE bands supported.

Connectivity
    GSM 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS 2/4/5, LTE
    2/4/12

If this holds true AT&T or it's other GSM MVNO networks will not be able to use it since AT&T mainly hangs on band 17. Band 17 is a big one in my area especially.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-28-2016 08:46 AM
    Seems to be a T-Mo thing... Only one Windows Phone at a time and phase them out quick.

IMHO, Alcatel chose the wrong carrier to partner with on this W10M venture. ATT/Cricket would have served them better more likely. C'est la vie.
    I have to agree and I am a T-Mobile customer.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-28-2016 08:51 AM
    Originally posted by Nate W
    I hope what I recently saw is not true. I was able to find a cached webpage of Alcatel's website showing the IDOL 4s with Windows from 9/28/2016. It shows it exclusively from T-Mobile and links to their site. I also saw under specifications the connectivity below which makes it exclusively T-Mobile only supporting 3 LTE bands supported.

Connectivity
    2/4/12

If this holds true AT&T or it's other GSM MVNO networks will not be able to use it since AT&T mainly hangs on band 17. Band 17 is a big one in my area especially.
    Isn't B17 a subset of B12? If so I would hope this phone would still be able to utilize B17 (w/in B12) for AT&T, etc. Unless there are some issues with the way T-Mobile has B12 set up (due to volte, etc.) that other carriers can't get around.
    10-28-2016 10:28 AM
    Connectivity
    2/4/12

Since September 2015 AT&T has been converting to Band 12 with interoperability for legacy Band 17 devices. The problem is not so great as you imagine. Check with AT&T for the status of Band 12 in your area.
    libra89 and editguy like this.
    10-28-2016 10:46 AM
    Since September 2015 AT&T has been converting to Band 12 with interoperability for legacy Band 17 devices. The problem is not so great as you imagine. Check with AT&T for the status of Band 12 in your area.
    Thanks for this information.
    True. I'd still prefer an unlocked version. For me band 12 is still limited where I live.
    10-28-2016 02:35 PM
    Seems to be a T-Mo thing... Only one Windows Phone at a time and phase them out quick.

IMHO, Alcatel chose the wrong carrier to partner with on this W10M venture. ATT/Cricket would have served them better more likely. C'est la vie.
    If AT&T was playing hardball, Alcatel may get the last laugh since it appears T-Mobile will be selling them unlocked. AT&T won't feel too clever if most of these are bought from T-Mobile and used on AT&T with AT&T getting nada from the phone sales. I like it!
    Guytronic, mark233 and RumoredNow like this.
    11-01-2016 10:49 AM
    Originally posted by HoosierDaddyIf AT&T was playing hardball, Alcatel may get the last laugh since it appears T-Mobile will be selling them unlocked. AT&T won't feel too clever if most of these are bought from T-Mobile and used on AT&T with AT&T getting nada from the phone sales. I like it!
    I am curious to see who sells this unlocked. Is there some source info. stating T-Mobile will sell their own exclusive phone unlocked? I read a couple of the articles yesterday, but that was not entirely clear to me.
    11-01-2016 11:33 AM
    I am curious to see who sells this unlocked. Is there some source info. stating T-Mobile will sell their own exclusive phone unlocked? I read a couple of the articles yesterday, but that was not entirely clear to me.
    Its WC that says T-Mobile is selling them unlocked. Exclusive to sell and exclusive to use (locked) are different things even if they have always been a package in the past. Like you can only buy a new Ford at a Ford dealer but you can get it worked on anywhere.

I think it may be a clever un-carrier move. If T-mobile believes there is a pent-up demand for this type of Windows phone that other carriers aren't providing, why not sell more of these phones than they could just for T-Mobile customers? Plus carrier business models may include subsidizing service support from phone sales which would mean that BYOD customers aren't as profitable on the service side as well as the device sales side. BYOD isn't very popular with customers when the carrier provided decent choices or when customers don't have alternatives. T-Mobile selling phones that can be used on other carriers will force those carriers to react in some way even if just to reevaluate their own practices. I think it may be a good business move for T-Mobile.
    Guytronic, mark233 and editguy like this.
    11-01-2016 11:51 AM
    Its WC that says T-Mobile is selling them unlocked.
    Then I hope it comes with more than those 3 LTE bands listed.

Sent from my phone
    11-01-2016 11:55 AM
    Most T-Mobile phones are locked when you purchase them through their financing plans but are unlocked by request after they are paid off or when you first purchase them at full price iirc
    joshcaleb27 likes this.
    11-02-2016 07:00 PM
    [NOTE]Please continue here: Alcatel Idol 4S - Windows Central Forums[/NOTE]
    11-02-2016 10:11 PM
120 ... 345