Alcatel Idol Pro 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Alcatel Idol Pro

I am looking forward to this phone myself. The only concern I have is T-Mobile’s history of cutting support for their Windows phones.
That's just half the problem. People have to know they exist in the first place. Don't count on prime showroom location at T-Mo's stores.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

That's just half the problem. People have to know they exist in the first place. Don't count on prime showroom location at T-Mo's stores.
Yeah, I am guessing this will be an online only thing again like the HTC M8. I will still probably pick one up from T-Mo unless the MS Store sells an unlocked version.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Is that a fingerprint reader on the back? I would vastly prefer that over the iris scanner in my 950XL.

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Way too big for me--not even worth looking at.

I agree with it also being too big for me as well, but I would be looking forward to reading first impressions and general thoughts about this device whenever T-Mobile decides to drop some information...

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

I think Windows 10M in my square opinion is a lot more suited for big screens than Android and iOS. You could eyeball some of the more focused tiles easily and blind tap others.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I think Windows 10M in my square opinion is a lot more suited for big screens than Android and iOS. You could eyeball some of the more focused tiles easily and blind tap others.
Maybe so if you are sitting still holding and using the phone with two hands like a tablet. To me anything bigger than about 5-5.5 inches is too big for mobile, one-handed use, and that is primarily what I use a smartphone for. Plus, it needs to fit comfortably into a shirt or pants pocket.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

From what I read this thing is to have a 5.5 - 6 inch display --- is there anything official yet? ... The Moto X Pure has a 5.7 display. I can handle it with one hand for most things but I still (sometimes) think to myself, "Man this thing is just a tad too big" lol.

If this Idol 4 Pro comes out with a 6" display I'm certain I won't bother . However, if it comes with 5.5 display (not bigger than that) I'll consider ... but I think I'd consider an unlocked version because of T-Mobile's policy concerning some of the phones they initially carry ... then drop'em like a hot potato in a short span of time.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

From what I read this thing is to have a 5.5 - 6 inch display --- is there anything official yet? ... The Moto X Pure has a 5.7 display. I can handle it with one hand for most things but I still (sometimes) think to myself, "Man this thing is just a tad too big" lol.

If this Idol 4 Pro comes out with a 6" display I'm certain I won't bother . However, if it comes with 5.5 display (not bigger than that) I'll consider ... but I think I'd consider an unlocked version because of T-Mobile's policy concerning some of the phones they initially carry ... then drop'em like a hot potato in a short span of time.
I'm not too concerned with the actual display size. It's the overall footprint that matters and this thing appears to have a favorable screen-to-body ratio. No, I'm not one of those bezel bashers but it makes a difference on larger phones - like the 1520.

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

Well I don't outright prefer huge displays, I was just saying Windows 10's asymmetrical layouts work better for larger screens than what I've experienced on an old HTC Flyer. Even if that device is so old, Android and iOS iconography aren't fantastic on large displays. Phablets in general aren't pocket friendly, but one thing I hope Windows Mobile doesn't lose is its organic square layout, regardless of how different W10M vastly is to 8.1 and below.

bhaspence

May 15, 2016
Visit site

Way too big for me--not even worth looking at.
Same here. I personally don't like screens any bigger than 4.7 but would stretch to 5". Real shame if it's that huge. I really cannot stand bulky phones. They are suppose to be discrete and fit snug into your pockets. Not to be carried around in a man bag.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Sedp23
How much is the android version that could give us a rough estimate of what the price could be

Sent from mTalk

Per Alcatel's site pre-orders for 349.99 (discounted 50). I expect once the Pro is available we could purchase it off the OEM site as well. My guess is around the same price 400 or so.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Would love to see how that Camera performs. Always on the lookout for awesome cameras :)
4GB RAM, 64GB Storage and a 820 processor. All the staples for a lovely flagship phone.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any updates on this phone? Im in desperate of a holdover to get me by until a Surface Phone drops(fingers crossed that this isnt vaporware).

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hoping this wasn't cancelled.

The PRO 4 is the Windows phone I'm waiting for...
I think that's the reason it's not available yet.

Remembering how badly I wanted the Lumia 640 after it was announced and then it took my friends at T-Mobile an eternity to actually get it on the rack at WalMart.
Quite frustrating I must say.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hoping this wasn't cancelled.

The PRO 4 is the Windows phone I'm waiting for...
I think that's the reason it's not available yet.

Remembering how badly I wanted the Lumia 640 after it was announced and then it took my friends at T-Mobile an eternity to actually get it on the rack at WalMart.
Quite frustrating I must say.

i did hear some rumblings that it might be coming early next year. (January - February) Obviously, the sooner the better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb