Alcatel Idol Pro 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The Android Idol 4S version got some pretty good reviews from the lesser known tech bloggers.
One guy even said it was the poor mans Samsung S7 so I'm holding out some hope.

Wish these promised/rumored devices wouldn't take so damned long to hit the street.
:/

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wish these promised/rumored devices wouldn't take so damned long to hit the street.
:/

It's Mr Rubino's fault. People in the industry talk to him and he puts it on the Blog. That makes it seem like it's coming any minute.

Curse his connections and advanced knowledge!!!

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey, if its just 22 years until curtains. Then that means that is round about 76 - 22 = 54 years for you right now GuyTronic. That makes you definitely young and sprightly man. My dad used to go out hunting, road trips. and what not. At that sprightly young age. Dont give up hope just yet. I bet MS will have something out before the next 22 years are up. I'm sure of it brother! :D

-- W

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Damn him!
No wonder :(

I get worried because statistically I've only got 22 years left until it's curtains |:O
Lol...
I'm right behind you big guy. I wonder if we'll get the fabled Surface Phone by then. Who am I kidding, we'll be sporting Jitterbugs on Consumer Cellular. :winktongue:

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
One would think they already have production ramped up in anticipation of RS1 release which if rumors were true was the time frame of it's supposed unveiling. If all the hints and leaks are also true, and the phone looks the same as its lesser powered Android cousin, the Idol Pro 4 may well become the best selling Windows phone of all time. It has a Galaxy S6 ish look to it, all the same internals as the rest of the flagships that run Android, and price wise will most likely line up with the One Plus 3, and the ZTE Axon 7 : $400.00 US So that's a Snapdragon 820, 4 Gigabytes of ram, most likely 32 internal storage augmented by an SD card occupying the second sim slot. Will they include the HiFi audio as well? 2 front facing speakers to take on the HP Elite X3. HP is asking too much for their phone IMO. I hope they announce it at least by September 4th, my birthday is the 3rd, and Its either the Idol pro 4 or the 950 XL.

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
If that's all it's waiting on it'll be the best bang for the buck phone shipping this year! Consider this, the iPhone works so well because everything is designed in house, including the OS. Windows Mobile doesn't have the quite the overhead resource wise that Android does which causes it to lag
a lot on quite a few phones, to include flagships, but it is getting there. With the kind of firepower that the Idol pro 4, and the Elite X3 are throwing
at Windows Mobile, it should run lag free all day even smoother than iOS.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
One would think they already have production ramped up in anticipation of RS1 release which if rumors were true was the time frame of it's supposed unveiling. If all the hints and leaks are also true, and the phone looks the same as its lesser powered Android cousin, the Idol Pro 4 may well become the best selling Windows phone of all time. It has a Galaxy S6 ish look to it, all the same internals as the rest of the flagships that run Android, and price wise will most likely line up with the One Plus 3, and the ZTE Axon 7 : $400.00 US So that's a Snapdragon 820, 4 Gigabytes of ram, most likely 32 internal storage augmented by an SD card occupying the second sim slot. Will they include the HiFi audio as well? 2 front facing speakers to take on the HP Elite X3. HP is asking too much for their phone IMO. I hope they announce it at least by September 4th, my birthday is the 3rd, and Its either the Idol pro 4 or the 950 XL.

If it's priced the same as the OnePlus 3, then i'd rather get the one plus 3. I'm also looking at the OnePlus 2 and Xiaomi mi5 as windows 10 roms are supposed to drop for these phones as well.

One of them will be my next phone... Just don't know which one yet :)

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I didnt know the MS was dropping ROMS for the OP3. As for the OP2, the camera sucks and theres no NFC and if contactless payments pick up some steam on the platform, that would help pick up some new users. Where did you hear that ROMS were coming to the One series? and does the Mi5 have support for T-mobiles network?

(Never mind I found it on XDA and a simple web search.....duh....guess I might get the OP3 then)

Cheers!

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I didnt know the MS was dropping ROMS for the OP3. As for the OP2, the camera sucks and theres no NFC and if contactless payments pick up some steam on the platform, that would help pick up some new users. Where did you hear that ROMS were coming to the One series? and does the Mi5 have support for T-mobiles network?

(Never mind I found it on XDA and a simple web search.....duh....guess I might get the OP3 then)

Cheers!

The ROMs for those devices is still only a rumor nothing has been confirmed.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody expect an announcement soon? The fact that they haven't mentioned anything about this phone officially is getting frustrating.

Personally I'm not going to expect anything on this. Yes I hope it's released as I think I'd like this one. In my thinking maybe Sept/Oct. Just hoping.

cactuspete23

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Alcatel has had some good audio on some of their idol phones.. And has been trying to compete with the bigger companies in the flagship market. Hope this one turns out good quality and at a good price !

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
JBL speakers if it retains the same DNA from the Idol 4s. The DAC is listed as an Asahi Kasei AK4375 32 bit 2ch DAC along with an NX9890 amp from the info I could find. Whether this finds its way into the Idol Pro 4 is just speculation but it would be a beast though and would easily equal any Android phone out at the moment. Now, if they would add 4 axis OIS along with Microsoft's triple RGB flash from the 950XL then it would truly be a beast. Of course I'm dreaming. Ooh, add water proofing like the Galaxy series.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I hope Alcatel hurries up a little on their decision with the Pro Windows model. Elite x3 just went on preorder and this Alcatel is more of the consumer model I'd look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss