Alcatel Idol Pro 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
on gsm-specs.com there is another specs listing with the same details...was only curious what others might think. You are probably right in your initial judgement, of that first site. I am not familiar with either of these sites.

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
This has been up for a while, I saw the same website back in the beginning of August but could verify the authenticity of the information so just left it alone and hoped for the best. I'm sure we'll all find out soon.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
This has been up for a while, I saw the same website back in the beginning of August but could verify the authenticity of the information so just left it alone and hoped for the best. I'm sure we'll all find out soon.
I hope so. It would be a great alternative to the Smartphones we have now.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I was on the phone with the Magenta Morons yesterday for an unrelated issue and I asked them about this phone. They have a sheet with upcoming devices and all they have is the iPhone 7 and the Gear S3 on the horizon. It's safe to say September is a no go. Maybe, just maybe, they're keeping an eye out for reaction to the Elite X3. If that's the case, we'll be waiting even longer since HP has delayed shipments until Sept. 26.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The new iphone always causes a lot of hype. Probably why Google has chosen October every year for their previously branded Nexus devices...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I was on the phone with the Magenta Morons yesterday for an unrelated issue and I asked them about this phone. They have a sheet with upcoming devices and all they have is the iPhone 7 and the Gear S3 on the horizon. It's safe to say September is a no go. Maybe, just maybe, they're keeping an eye out for reaction to the Elite X3. If that's the case, we'll be waiting even longer since HP has delayed shipments until Sept. 26.

Hilarious. Never heard tmo support referenced in that way before lol.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm really curious to see if this is priced higher than the Android version that ships in the VR box.

Lot's of the usual foot dragging that Micromobile fans have to put up with concerning these hardware releases.
Never a surprise when it comes to the wait times for new phones running Windows.

It's almost like nobody cares outside the fellowship of MS Mobile :(

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ya, that could be the norm for a little longer. Seems OEMs other than Microsoft themselves are venturing into uncharted areas with W10M on their newer hardware.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm really curious to see if this is priced higher than the Android version that ships in the VR box.

I would guess it has to be more... The Pro is getting much more under the hood.

That being said: I'm tempted by the Cricket Idol 4 with VR. Great price. Nice little phone with solid reviews.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If it ships with VR should it also be a 1440p like the 4s?

I've not seen any rumors on the Idol 4 Pro in a while, but I think it is almost assured it will have the same display as the Idol 4S.

• AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
  • 5.5 inches (~71.9% screen-to-body ratio)
  • 1440 x 2560 pixels (~534 ppi pixel density)

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
At this point its vaporware. I've all but given up on anything MS with the exception of Xbox. With the push to create first class apps for iOS and Android, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I went and ordered an iPhone 7 plus. So much for a first class OS with first class hardware with a first class ecosystem. I dont think we'll ever see it, add to that HP's botched roll-out and update of the Elite X3, that leaves Alcatel to literally "save" whats left of Windows Mobile or at least whats left of the smoking ashes. MS gave it a decent if not half hearted try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss