Alcatel Idol Pro 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...that leaves Alcatel to literally "save" whats left of Windows Mobile...

I'm not sure that a T-Mo exclusive can save anything.

However, it seems weird to me that users are now looking for that ONE DEVICE that is gonna be "magic." I want to see more players and more diversity. I'm not looking for a panacea device. I hope that the small trickle we have now turns into a steady stream. That will save the platform better than any one device, IMHO.

And I still believe this will turn up. I won't go for it because I'm not on T-Mo, but if they offered a Factory Unlocked version I would seriously look at it. This isn't aimed at the same audience as the Elite X3. The Idol 4 Pro would be more likely to steal audience from the Acer Liquid Jade Primo (which is out and is Unlocked).

I refuse to put all my eggs in one basket.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The wait for this phone is not so bad anymore. Just got 14936.1000 on the Fierce today and so far so good. The camera is actually useable now.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by mark233
attachment.php

:grincry:

October 26

joshcaleb27

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
It won't be long now that T-Mobile has started training their sales reps on the phone. I used to be a store manager for T-Mobile. We have to be just a few weeks away.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I do believe we have a heads up on the price now with the release of the DTEK60, its sister Android device. And I believe its going to be in the ball range of 500 in the USD. The same as the latest low volume, similarly high specced, BB android phone.:) Especially considering the similar/equal volumes that it will be moving with the WM10 variant. That, and the add-ons to the device itself too. And the ecosystem/accessories they will have to build around this variant. And if the BB DTEK60 is any indicator, it might even just have a QHD or a 2K screen, though take that with a mouthful of salt. Just dont wretch! :/ Its just that the economies of scale dictate it cheaper to manufacture the model with the QHD if they're manufacturing two of the same model of variants - counter intuitive though it may sound/seem. Retool or Tooling separate assembly lines for such a minor change, an undertaking, just doesnt make sense at these small margins of cost here to me. Or maybe I just like being optimistic. But anyways, we'll know. If its coming, and at what point, or if its vaporware, come the morrow anyways. No point in speculating anymore. :) ^_^

-- W

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They got rid of the Fierce XL from their line-up as of today.
This is going to be its replacement and T-Mobile's only Win10m option for the time being, it looks like.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I believe its going to be in the ball range of 500 in the USD

I hope not.
High dollar devices may not be conducive as far as helping MS stop the slide.
This phone needs to come in with incentives and not be bound to T-Mobile to see any sales.

500 bucks and being locked to crappy T-Mobile isn't good.
When I bought my overpriced Fierce from T-Mobile they looked at me funny.
They looked at me funnier when I went to them for warranty help on phone #3.

Alcatel CS was good on my warranty deal however.
Good service from them as a phone maker.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I hope not.
High dollar devices may not be conducive as far as helping MS stop the slide.
This phone needs to come in with incentives and not be bound to T-Mobile to see any sales.

500 bucks and being locked to crappy T-Mobile isn't good.
When I bought my overpriced Fierce from T-Mobile they looked at me funny.
They looked at me funnier when I went to them for warranty help on phone #3.

Alcatel CS was good on my warranty deal however.
Good service from them as a phone maker.
what was wrong with the phone?

Sent from mTalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They got rid of the Fierce XL from their line-up as of today.
This is going to be its replacement and T-Mobile's only Win10m option for the time being, it looks like.

That was fast the fierce xl hasn't even been out a year yet

Sent from mTalk

Seems to be a T-Mo thing... Only one Windows Phone at a time and phase them out quick.

IMHO, Alcatel chose the wrong carrier to partner with on this W10M venture. ATT/Cricket would have served them better more likely. C'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo