Who Is Planning To Get The Alcatel Idol Pro4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile so this looks very tempting. Already played around with the Alcatel one touch fierce XL. It's a decent windows phone I find, with that nice large screen.

Can only hope the quality of the hardware they are offering is of better quality this time around. T-MOBILE needs to have a flagship windows phone in their offerings and this just may be the one to do it.
What was T-Mobiles' last flagship windows phone? The Nokia Lumia 925 ? That was 3 years ago. T-Mobile is way overdue.

Anyway, lets hope this is the beginning of more OEMs coming on board and windows finally getting the momentum it needs to grow as a much needed 3rd alternative to iOS and android.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm betting the audio features will be exemplary on this phone based on Alcatel's past history with the OneTouch Idol3.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
It has a 4 speaker set up top and bottom, front and back of the device. The Idol3 sound wasn't quite up to the HTC M8 but there again it was $500 cheaper! Decent thou.

I maybe picking up the Android version.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
At the Cricket store (you know the one across from Home Depot) a few weeks ago.

I had the chance to look over the IDOL3 (Android)
The sound on that phone impressed me quite a bit.
It actually had bass and noticeable channel separation.

Based on this I think Alcatel may offer a similar experience or perhaps better it with hardware running Windows.
Hope I hope I hope...

Gaurav Sag

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
lcatel methodology is to convey great execution at a lower cost point than the most effective gadgets available, for example, the Samsung S arrangement or LG G Series or even the Huawei most recent Mate8. In such manner, both gadgets are fueled by mid-range Qualcomm processors, in particular the Snapdragon 652 with 3GB RAM, 32GB of inner stockpiling for the IDOL 4S and the Snapdragon 617 with 3GB RAM and 16GB stockpiling.

The capacity can be reached out with a MicroSD card up to 512 GB.

The client interface was still extremely responsive on both telephones, be that as it may, we have to get the units for a more extended time to know more about the execution for gaming and different exercises.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile, and I would only get this phone if it is available unlocked at the MS Store (or anywhere other than T-Mobile). Their history with Windows phones is horrific. The phone looks sweet though, just hoping for no bigger than a 5.5 inch display.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile, and I would only get this phone if it is available unlocked at the MS Store (or anywhere other than T-Mobile). Their history with Windows phones is horrific. The phone looks sweet though, just hoping for no bigger than a 5.5 inch display.

The good news is that only firmware touching the radio needs T-Mo approval. All updates to the OS and core Apps comes straight from Microsoft, no Alcatel or T-Mo delay.

WaaS, FTW.

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I had to abandon WP last summer because my new office gets zero tmobile reception. So I had to get a phone with wifi calling.

This just might be my way back into the fold.

patrickhday

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I've been a very vocal critic of MS execution regarding WM in general, if this phone see's the light of day and is relatively inexpensive, I may buy an unlocked one as well. I recently got a 950XL for free and it was a huge bag of barf, it ran hot a good portion of the time I used it, and the screen got scratched easier than I thought. Anyway, with a great chipset and more ram It
will be a dandy.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
T-Mobile = promises...promises...
I'll never buy another phone directly from T-Mobile again.

Yep, seriously. Having to choose between WiFi calling and Win 10 Mobile (I mean with the 640) because of them is just ridiculous, especially that there are various unlocked Android phones that don't have to choose between the latest update and being able to use WiFi calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb