11-03-2016 10:06 PM
66 123
tools
    Haven't bought a carrier locked phone since T-Mobile's HTC One M8 for Windows.

I plan on buying this device (T-Mobile customer) ... and who knows it may be the last Windows mobile device I'll ever buy for a couple of years (or more).

I want to grab one before T-Mobile EOL's it after 4-6 months.

I'm so glad I've become familiar with iOS and Android systems to switch to for good if need be. However I still prefer Windows UI over them.
    +1 to your entire comment. I feel the same way. I don't regret buying the locked 640 when I did, because we know how they are. The Windows UI is really like no other.

This phone would probably be too big for me, but I'm still looking forward to it.
    mark233 and Guytronic like this.
    10-29-2016 06:51 PM
    +1 to your entire comment. I feel the same way. I don't regret buying the locked 640 when I did, because we know how they are. The Windows UI is really like no other.

This phone would probably be too big for me, but I'm still looking forward to it.
    In all fairness the T-Mobile 640 had many LTA ROMs available for flashing. You give up wifi calling but at least your updated were no longer tied to the carrier. So at least there was a way out with the 640. If the Alcatel is more widely available after the carrier situation becomes less of a problem.
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    10-30-2016 12:06 PM
    C) T-Mo has scrapped the phone and nobody else wants it and the product page on their site was a place marker that got leaked.

D) Alcatel has decided to stay purely with Android and cancelled the phone, therefore resulting in the same assessment of T-Mo webpage.
    I'm afraid your hunch is correct. I stopped by today to look at another phone (it's an addiction that I don't want cured) and I noticed they still had a Fierce on display. The manager chuckled because they're not in stock nor can they be ordered. I then asked about the Idol and he told me they're not getting it. I mentioned they were on the webpage for a few hours and he said they knew but it wasn't meant to be. Keeping fingers crossed but breathing normal.
    10-30-2016 08:29 PM
    I then asked about the Idol and he told me they're not getting it.
    So... They trained the employees and then canceled? I mean Legere is just a walking hairball so anything could happen, but it seems odd to go straight to cancellation as it is supposedly shipping. T-MoUS usually waits 4 months to squash a Windows Phone. Gotta let the hope burgeon before you snuff it dead.
    10-30-2016 08:41 PM
    I'm afraid your hunch is correct. I stopped by today to look at another phone (it's an addiction that I don't want cured) and I noticed they still had a Fierce on display. The manager chuckled because they're not in stock nor can they be ordered. I then asked about the Idol and he told me they're not getting it. I mentioned they were on the webpage for a few hours and he said they knew but it wasn't meant to be. Keeping fingers crossed but breathing normal.
    You sure he wasn't pulling your leg or just misinformed? That would be a final indictment of Windows 10 Mobile for consumers if that really is the case.
    libra89 and Player Piano like this.
    10-30-2016 09:05 PM
    Maybe another web only deal like the M8. One can only hope.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-30-2016 09:31 PM
    Gotta let the hope burgeon before you snuff it dead.
    Don't kill the messenger.
    Guytronic likes this.
    10-30-2016 09:38 PM
    You sure he wasn't pulling your leg or just misinformed? That would be a final indictment of Windows 10 Mobile for consumers if that really is the case.
    He had no reason to pull my leg, he knows me as a buying customer with 4 voice lines and a tablet line. I walked out of there with a phone for my monster-in-law and a Fitbit for my wife, he knows I'm not "just looking".
    10-30-2016 09:43 PM
    But wasn't there some article by Zac some months/weeks ago where he was hinting at a few models from Alcatel were expected? He made it sound like their would eventually be multiple offerings at different price points.
    10-30-2016 09:51 PM
    But wasn't there some article by Zac some months/weeks ago where he was hinting at a few models from Alcatel were expected? He made it sound like their would eventually be multiple offerings at different price points.
    I can only assume this would be contingent on them selling well. If the Idol Pro has been cancelled this late in the game it makes you wonder how well the Fierce XL actually sold?
    libra89 likes this.
    10-30-2016 10:01 PM
    Yeah, Alcatel's been busy releasing 2 new models - for BlackBerry. Honestly, which one's gonna sell more? An Android phone with BB branding or a Windows phone. I'm not knocking Windows by any stretch, I'm just keepin' it real.
    Guytronic, libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    10-30-2016 10:14 PM
    Guess we'll have to wait and see. I myself was decided on this phone until I lost hope in it being for sale unlocked. Fortunately for me on Friday night I found a killer deal on a new x3 with dock as a resale. So I bought it on Saturday morning. I couldn't pass it up.

The size of the un-announced idol 4s w10 model is really what I was looking for.

Having previously owned the 950xl I hope I don't notice much of a difference in the x3 to set me off of it. I think it will be good to settle in on this device for me as I've been jumping back and forth between an M8 ATIV SE 950/950 xl and multiple iPhones here and there then to my now current 830.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-30-2016 10:38 PM
    Legere is just a walking hairball
    Aww...I know that guy just makes me cringe with all the goodies he tries to push.
    Them T-Mobile BS campaigns just waste everyone's time...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-30-2016 11:07 PM
    Originally posted by Guytronic
    Originally Posted by RumoredNow
    Legere is just a walking hairball
    Aww...I know that guy just makes me cringe with all the goodies he tries to push.
    Haha...he does strike me as a peculiar man. Be interesting if/when T-Mobile does end up selling this on their network, if he even will in the slightest make a plug out there about it at all.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-31-2016 12:07 AM
    Guess we'll have to wait and see. I myself was decided on this phone until I lost hope in it being for sale unlocked. Fortunately for me on Friday night I found a killer deal on a new x3 with dock as a resale. So I bought it on Saturday morning. I couldn't pass it up.

The size of the un-announced idol 4s w10 model is really what I was looking for.

Having previously owned the 950xl I hope I don't notice much of a difference in the x3 to set me off of it. I think it will be good to settle in on this device for me as I've been jumping back and forth between an M8 ATIV SE 950/950 xl and multiple iPhones here and there then to my now current 830.
    I'd be interested in your take on the X3. I've decided that the Idol 4 is, as they used to say, coming on a slow boat from China, if at all.
    10-31-2016 12:35 AM
    Most tmobile employees don't know what's going on anyway I wouldn't worry, the phone is coming out

Sent from mTalk
    10-31-2016 03:46 AM
    Don't kill the messenger.
    That was aimed squarely at T-Mo. Sorry if some of the splatter got on your cuff. It was purely unintended.
    10-31-2016 09:30 AM
    I know they try (and succeed in some measure) to be cool and anti, BUT they need a better grasp on the basics.

Case in point:
    • Cool that I had free SMS and data when traveling oversees
    • Basic failure that I can't reliably use their network from the comfort of my own home without workarounds like WiFi calling or a signal booster
    • Basic failure that when traveling between cities I have no voice or data on long stretches of major American interstate highway
    • Basic failure that they time and again will not pass along updates that other carriers seem to face no hardship in approving and pushing
    • Basic failure that device availability seems to be late in coming to the network when compared to others and then mysteriously ends abruptly when those others are still stocking the device in question
    • Basic failure that after I payed them off in full, on time, they sent my account to collections more than a year after I'd moved on to another provider

A free pizza isn't going to win me back from such bumbling ineptitude and Lagere's smug hipster doofusness and social media rants do nothing to reassure me he knows the basics of the business. He's all dog and pony shows without a solid foundation and whatever they are doing to shore up the network is too-little-too-late for me.
    Guytronic and mary beth hale like this.
    10-31-2016 09:52 AM
    10-31-2016 01:18 PM
    I was going to say it would've been odd for them to scrap the device at the very last minute!
    libra89, fatclue_98 and mark233 like this.
    10-31-2016 01:49 PM
    I was going to say it would've been odd for them to scrap the device at the very last minute!
    I love it when I'm wrong. It makes it easy to deal with disappointments.
    10-31-2016 04:00 PM
    Married men our age are always wrong!
    ...but you knew that :p
    fatclue_98, mark233 and RumoredNow like this.
    10-31-2016 05:20 PM
    $469!!!?
    Very good price!

Unlocked?!
    Is this true? Can this be used with AT&T?

I really like how this phone looks and the specs are quite good. Price is killer!
    I'm just hoping it's really unlocked.
    10-31-2016 07:06 PM
    ...Got an all day calendar event scheduled for Nov. 10 now
    10-31-2016 07:52 PM
    Better to be wrong and happy, than right and unhappy :
    Guytronic, libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-31-2016 10:13 PM
66 123