alcatel idol 4s

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Waiting for a price. Does it have NFC? No mention of it on tmobiles site and it says it only supports 32gb micros cards? I'm assuming those are errors

Sent from mTalk

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the listing for the cheaper Alcatel Fierce XL Windows 10 Phone is missing as well. I wonder if this means the Idol is going replace it rather than be in addition to it?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the listing for the cheaper Alcatel Fierce XL Windows 10 Phone is missing as well. I wonder if this means the Idol is going replace it rather than be in addition to it?
the fierce is done from what ive read but who knows for sure it jus came out around february

Sent from mTalk

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I remember my first windows phone on T-MOBILE, the NL810. That phone only lasted several months , but we got the 925 as it's replacement.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Waiting for a price. Does it have NFC? No mention of it on tmobiles site and it says it only supports 32gb micros cards? I'm assuming those are errors

Sent from mTalk
I don't think it does, but I hope I'm wrong. I wish I'd done a screenshot of the spec page while T-mo had it up.

IM4CHRST

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to throw this out there; either:

A) This will be a "superphone" priced at a "superphone" price and released within the year.

B) This will be a "high-end midrange" phone priced a little higher with previous year's flagship specs released only after the SD830 is officially announced as the SoC on any 2017 device. Meaning it will be 2017 before we see it. That way Alcatel can still position it as a viable competitor.

C) T-Mo has scrapped the phone and nobody else wants it and the product page on their site was a place marker that got leaked.

D) Alcatel has decided to stay purely with Android and cancelled the phone, therefore resulting in the same assessment of T-Mo webpage.

I'm leaning toward "B" personally but a fun multiple choice game to play.

IM4CHRST

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
If released this year it will not be a $400 phone like people are thinking, I am going to say it will be closer to $600 with what appears to be good build materials and solids specs. They could get away with it too, especially since its only competitor would be the X3 at $700 sans dock.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If released this year it will not be a $400 phone like people are thinking, I am going to say it will be closer to $600 with what appears to be good build materials and solids specs. They could get away with it too, especially since its only competitor would be the X3 at $700 sans dock.
You can pick up the Acer Liquid Jade Primo at the MS Store for $450 and it comes with a dock, keyboard and mouse. I'd have to say no, they can't get away with pricing it at 6 bones.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pricing will probably depend on T-Mo.

Since this is a carrier exclusive they can decide to take a loss on the phone... Or not.

Cricket has the Idol 4 (just 4 not 4 S or Pro) for $150 with VR Headset in the box. That's below what I see on-line for that bundle elsewhere. I watched a review on teh Utubez with a similar package in UK costing ?230. It did include the headstrap for the VR, a screen protector and a TPU case beyond what the Cricket package has, but realistically that is $30-40 dollars retail for those extras and probably cost Alcatel way less to bundle...

Point is that at $150 (or $100 with new port in) Cricket is loosing money on the phone to get you on their service. A little cricket whispered in my ear that the price is actually going to be $200 (or $150 w/ port) very soon. Carriers can play with subsidizing phones and often do.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to throw this out there; either:

A) This will be a "superphone" priced at a "superphone" price and released within the year.

B) This will be a "high-end midrange" phone priced a little higher with previous year's flagship specs released only after the SD830 is officially announced as the SoC on any 2017 device. Meaning it will be 2017 before we see it. That way Alcatel can still position it as a viable competitor.

C) T-Mo has scrapped the phone and nobody else wants it and the product page on their site was a place marker that got leaked.

D) Alcatel has decided to stay purely with Android and cancelled the phone, therefore resulting in the same assessment of T-Mo webpage.

I'm leaning toward "B" personally but a fun multiple choice game to play.
If B then why remove the Alcatel Fierce XL leaving those users with no upgrade path? I also just can't see them holding back the phone to put a new processor in it that probably won't make that much of a difference in sales.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Be careful buying the Alcatel Pro 4 from T-Mobile with the intention of unlocking it.
Getting them to unlock their branded phones is like pulling teeth.
I never was able to get my Fierce unlocked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99