alcatel idol 4s

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile requires having a phone activated on their network for 40 consecutive days. I've never had issue with getting a T-Mo phone unlocked. I once had to use cellunlocker.net to get an unlock code for a phone I was looking to sell.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Is T-Mobile your carrier or do you mean unlocking it to use on another carrier?

T-Mobile is my carrier.
They've given me fits and refused to unlock 3 out of 4 phones I've had on the network over the last 3 years.
All phones were registered as active for almost a year prior to the request.

The only phone they allowed an unlock on was my Xperia Z1s.
The other 3 were Windows phones.

I don't know why I have so much trouble, but I refuse to buy anymore phones from T-Mobile directly.
Nothing but unlocked for me these days.

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
It sucks that for a phone that's being sold with its VR capabilities its downgraded to a 1080p screen. Although it could still be better quality than the previous screen just lower resolution which wouldn't be that bad. But I'm very happy that they upgraded everything else on the device. High end specs all around from the previous mid range for android and a change to USB C is highly welcome. I have a 950 XL I'm happy with but I have dropped the phone and damage the digitizer so now I have a spider web outline on top of 20% of my screen. This phone will be a downgrade in camera and screen for sure but the rest will still be an upgrade. And actually my biggest thing is that this will be an official T-Mobile phone so I will finally have Wi-Fi calling which is a big big deal. I just hope its no more than $500 and I can pay no more than like $20 a month in payment plans. Recently lost my job :(

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile is my carrier.
They've given me fits and refused to unlock 3 out of 4 phones I've had on the network over the last 3 years.
All phones were registered as active for almost a year prior to the request.

The only phone they allowed an unlock on was my Xperia Z1s.
The other 3 were Windows phones.

I don't know why I have so much trouble, but I refuse to buy anymore phones from T-Mobile directly.
Nothing but unlocked for me these days.
The reason I ask is that I have never had any trouble with unlocking so I was curious. Having said that none were Windows Phones and I also haven't unlocked that many.

Now that T-Mobile Phones work in Mexico, I haven't even bothered with unlocking any of our current phones.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Haven't bought a carrier locked phone since T-Mobile's HTC One M8 for Windows.

I plan on buying this device (T-Mobile customer) ... and who knows it may be the last Windows mobile device I'll ever buy for a couple of years (or more).

I want to grab one before T-Mobile EOL's it after 4-6 months.

I'm so glad I've become familiar with iOS and Android systems to switch to for good if need be. However I still prefer Windows UI over them. :amaze:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Haven't bought a carrier locked phone since T-Mobile's HTC One M8 for Windows.

I plan on buying this device (T-Mobile customer) ... and who knows it may be the last Windows mobile device I'll ever buy for a couple of years (or more).

I want to grab one before T-Mobile EOL's it after 4-6 months.

I'm so glad I've become familiar with iOS and Android systems to switch to for good if need be. However I still prefer Windows UI over them. :amaze:

+1 to your entire comment. I feel the same way. I don't regret buying the locked 640 when I did, because we know how they are. The Windows UI is really like no other.

This phone would probably be too big for me, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
+1 to your entire comment. I feel the same way. I don't regret buying the locked 640 when I did, because we know how they are. The Windows UI is really like no other.

This phone would probably be too big for me, but I'm still looking forward to it.
In all fairness the T-Mobile 640 had many LTA ROMs available for flashing. You give up wifi calling but at least your updated were no longer tied to the carrier. So at least there was a way out with the 640. If the Alcatel is more widely available after the carrier situation becomes less of a problem.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
C) T-Mo has scrapped the phone and nobody else wants it and the product page on their site was a place marker that got leaked.

D) Alcatel has decided to stay purely with Android and cancelled the phone, therefore resulting in the same assessment of T-Mo webpage.
I'm afraid your hunch is correct. I stopped by today to look at another phone (it's an addiction that I don't want cured) and I noticed they still had a Fierce on display. The manager chuckled because they're not in stock nor can they be ordered. I then asked about the Idol and he told me they're not getting it. I mentioned they were on the webpage for a few hours and he said they knew but it wasn't meant to be. Keeping fingers crossed but breathing normal.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I then asked about the Idol and he told me they're not getting it.

So... They trained the employees and then canceled? I mean Legere is just a walking hairball so anything could happen, but it seems odd to go straight to cancellation as it is supposedly shipping. T-MoUS usually waits 4 months to squash a Windows Phone. Gotta let the hope burgeon before you snuff it dead.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid your hunch is correct. I stopped by today to look at another phone (it's an addiction that I don't want cured) and I noticed they still had a Fierce on display. The manager chuckled because they're not in stock nor can they be ordered. I then asked about the Idol and he told me they're not getting it. I mentioned they were on the webpage for a few hours and he said they knew but it wasn't meant to be. Keeping fingers crossed but breathing normal.
You sure he wasn't pulling your leg or just misinformed? That would be a final indictment of Windows 10 Mobile for consumers if that really is the case.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You sure he wasn't pulling your leg or just misinformed? That would be a final indictment of Windows 10 Mobile for consumers if that really is the case.
He had no reason to pull my leg, he knows me as a buying customer with 4 voice lines and a tablet line. I walked out of there with a phone for my monster-in-law and a Fitbit for my wife, he knows I'm not "just looking".

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
But wasn't there some article by Zac some months/weeks ago where he was hinting at a few models from Alcatel were expected? He made it sound like their would eventually be multiple offerings at different price points.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
But wasn't there some article by Zac some months/weeks ago where he was hinting at a few models from Alcatel were expected? He made it sound like their would eventually be multiple offerings at different price points.
I can only assume this would be contingent on them selling well. If the Idol Pro has been cancelled this late in the game it makes you wonder how well the Fierce XL actually sold?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Alcatel's been busy releasing 2 new models - for BlackBerry. Honestly, which one's gonna sell more? An Android phone with BB branding or a Windows phone. I'm not knocking Windows by any stretch, I'm just keepin' it real.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Guess we'll have to wait and see. I myself was decided on this phone until I lost hope in it being for sale unlocked. Fortunately for me on Friday night I found a killer deal on a new x3 with dock as a resale. So I bought it on Saturday morning. I couldn't pass it up.

The size of the un-announced idol 4s w10 model is really what I was looking for.

Having previously owned the 950xl I hope I don't notice much of a difference in the x3 to set me off of it. I think it will be good to settle in on this device for me as I've been jumping back and forth between an M8 ATIV SE 950/950 xl and multiple iPhones here and there then to my now current 830.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Guess we'll have to wait and see. I myself was decided on this phone until I lost hope in it being for sale unlocked. Fortunately for me on Friday night I found a killer deal on a new x3 with dock as a resale. So I bought it on Saturday morning. I couldn't pass it up.

The size of the un-announced idol 4s w10 model is really what I was looking for.

Having previously owned the 950xl I hope I don't notice much of a difference in the x3 to set me off of it. I think it will be good to settle in on this device for me as I've been jumping back and forth between an M8 ATIV SE 950/950 xl and multiple iPhones here and there then to my now current 830.
I'd be interested in your take on the X3. I've decided that the Idol 4 is, as they used to say, coming on a slow boat from China, if at all.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster