alcatel idol 4s

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm afraid your hunch is correct. I stopped by today to look at another phone (it's an addiction that I don't want cured) and I noticed they still had a Fierce on display. The manager chuckled because they're not in stock nor can they be ordered. I then asked about the Idol and he told me they're not getting it. I mentioned they were on the webpage for a few hours and he said they knew but it wasn't meant to be. Keeping fingers crossed but breathing normal.
Most tmobile employees don't know what's going on anyway I wouldn't worry, the phone is coming out

Sent from mTalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Aww...I know that guy just makes me cringe with all the goodies he tries to push.
Them T-Mobile BS campaigns just waste everyone's time...

I know they try (and succeed in some measure) to be cool and anti, BUT they need a better grasp on the basics.

Case in point:
  • Cool that I had free SMS and data when traveling oversees
  • Basic failure that I can't reliably use their network from the comfort of my own home without workarounds like WiFi calling or a signal booster
  • Basic failure that when traveling between cities I have no voice or data on long stretches of major American interstate highway
  • Basic failure that they time and again will not pass along updates that other carriers seem to face no hardship in approving and pushing
  • Basic failure that device availability seems to be late in coming to the network when compared to others and then mysteriously ends abruptly when those others are still stocking the device in question
  • Basic failure that after I payed them off in full, on time, they sent my account to collections more than a year after I'd moved on to another provider
A free pizza isn't going to win me back from such bumbling ineptitude and Lagere's smug hipster doofusness and social media rants do nothing to reassure me he knows the basics of the business. He's all dog and pony shows without a solid foundation and whatever they are doing to shore up the network is too-little-too-late for me.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
$469!!!?
Very good price!

Unlocked?!
Is this true? Can this be used with AT&T?

I really like how this phone looks and the specs are quite good. Price is killer!
I'm just hoping it's really unlocked.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to throw this out there; either:

A) This will be a "superphone" priced at a "superphone" price and released within the year.

B) This will be a "high-end midrange" phone priced a little higher with previous year's flagship specs released only after the SD830 is officially announced as the SoC on any 2017 device. Meaning it will be 2017 before we see it. That way Alcatel can still position it as a viable competitor.

C) T-Mo has scrapped the phone and nobody else wants it and the product page on their site was a place marker that got leaked.

D) Alcatel has decided to stay purely with Android and cancelled the phone, therefore resulting in the same assessment of T-Mo webpage.

I'm leaning toward "B" personally but a fun multiple choice game to play.
Turn in your Chrystal ball. I can say that without being arrogant since I didn't predict anything. ;)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Carriers can play with subsidizing phones and often do.
Yes they do, but now that WC reports T-Mobile is selling them unlocked, its no sure thing they will make a sale loss back on service.

I have mixed emotions. I REALLY enjoyed buying several AT&T subsidized 640s for cheap and giving them as gifts to people not on AT&T via a loophole in AT&T policies that let a non-AT&T customer unlock brand new, never activated AT&T phones. So I will miss those kinds of deals but if this is the start of a trend that will migrate to other carriers like some un-carrier practices have, the overall effect will be positive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720