alcatel idol 4s

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
  • Basic failure that when traveling between cities I have no voice or data on long stretches of major American interstate highway
That's the only item on your list that has bitten me. Took some road trips recently and was shocked at the lack of service on major highways. Good thing I keep all of North America maps on my phone for when the car's nav says Huh? when I ask for directions to someplace like Mt. Rushmore. And what's with Cortana's complete inability to do anything without data service? I mean, seriously, you can't ask her to set an alarm because she has to ask some cloud computer what time it is now when the current time is right there in the phone? {/rant]

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's the only item on your list that has bitten me. Took some road trips recently and was shocked at the lack of service on major highways.
You mean you don't have a Cobra 40-Channel CB in your car good buddy? All you need to do is find somebody with their ears on and ask for a 10-20. For our younger readers, I suggest watching Smokey and the Bandit to get an idea of what I just wrote.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
You mean you don't have a Cobra 40-Channel CB in your car good buddy? All you need to do is find somebody with their ears on and ask for a 10-20. For our younger readers, I suggest watching Smokey and the Bandit to get an idea of what I just wrote.
I don't use the newfangled 40 channel units but I have a few 23 channel units including one that is an AM/FM/CB/8 track combo deck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos