01-27-2018 09:25 PM
203 12345 ...
tools
    NFC, Tap to Pay, Windows Wallet is mostly useless in Canada as we lag so far behind the US in adoption. Banks up here are just now coming on line with Apple Pay and Google Pay.
    The Tim's App My Timmys could have had access a long time ago, as they have had tap to pay Debit system almost 2 years now. However it is stuck with a scan to pay system on Windows ( bar code display on screen for scan). My 1020 had NFC but the app never updated. I am not sure about the Apple and Android version apps.

The VR holds interest to me, as it would be my first VR anything. Prior to this VR did not even spark an interest. Now this could become something interesting as Microsoft has stuck a toe into the VR Market as well.

Microsoft is pushing into UWP, so anything VR they do for PC will have trickel down effect into Windows 10 for Mobile, that is if they don't push it out and then drop it like Windows RT. (Still a sore spot with me)

The Alcatel leaves the Camera open to the world, so this could lead to a dumb down version of AR ( mainly media playback), a hololens like thing.

In truth I see this as the corner we have to round to be able to see whats ahead.

Added bonus to Alcatel hitting market with a Handset + VR, is going to have Samsung looking on to see numbers, as they need a boost in light of the Note 7 fire bug.

It looks as if things keep going there is a future, and at last some things to hush up the "Windows Phone is Dead" crowd. This alone is not the saving grace, but just a very good start to calm the waters of the panicked mass.
    editguy and NYCMetsPDX like this.
    11-05-2016 09:59 PM
    I just wish Alcatel send it worldwide. :P
    greedo_greedy likes this.
    11-05-2016 10:36 PM
    Can't wait to buy it tomorrow.
    Tomorrow? It's not being released tomorrow. How are you doing that?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-06-2016 12:26 AM
    Tomorrow? It's not being released tomorrow. How are you doing that?
    And by tomorrow, I meant November 10th. I can't even remember what day it is anymore
    11-06-2016 11:21 AM
    I need to see Dan's detailed review and determine if I am ok with no NFC for 2 yesrs before I make a decision to purchase.

It will either be this phone for me on T-Mobile or I will re-defect to Android V20 on T-Mobile or I might wait for 2017 and the Note 7 replacement.

I have little faith that the mythical "surface phone" will ever materialize.

My personal cell history
    Nokia 520 to Galaxy S5 to Galaxy Note 7 to Alcatel One Touch Fierce
    ttsoldier and libra89 like this.
    11-07-2016 04:34 PM
    I need to see Dan's detailed review and determine if I am ok with no NFC for 2 yesrs before I make a decision to purchase.

It will either be this phone for me on T-Mobile or I will re-defect to Android V20 on T-Mobile or I might wait for 2017 and the Note 7 replacement.

I have little faith that the mythical "surface phone" will ever materialize.

My personal cell history
    Nokia 520 to Galaxy S5 to Galaxy Note 7 to Alcatel One Touch Fierce
    I can live without the NFC. It is not used where I am from .

I would still like to see Dan's detailed review.
    11-07-2016 06:26 PM
    I can live without the NFC.

I would still like to see Dan's detailed review.
    Same here
    11-07-2016 11:53 PM
    is lack of glance screen a deal breaker for anyone?
    11-08-2016 05:14 PM
    is lack of glance screen a deal breaker for anyone?
    Not for me. It's not that hard to push a button. It would be nice to have it, but certainly not a deal breaker. I wanted OIS for the camera for video, but I decided that's not even a deal breaker.
    libra89 and ttsoldier like this.
    11-08-2016 05:28 PM
    Welp. That was a fun thought for a couple days that I might actually be able to get this phone and have it work on AT&T.

As Dan recently reported it will not be unlocked and will not work on AT&T, his was a pre-production unit that wasn't locked down...oh well. Sticking with the 950 XL for a while now it seems like (and 650 for sure...love that little phone, just wish it was faster)!
    11-09-2016 11:50 AM
    My girl has the Android version. Assuming the Windows 10 version is just a carbon copy, it's going to be a very nice phone.
    fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    11-09-2016 04:51 PM
    My girl has the Android version. Assuming the Windows 10 version is just a carbon copy, it's going to be a very nice phone.
    It's not just a carbon copy, though. It has higher specs than the Android version.
    HeyCori and RaRa85 like this.
    11-09-2016 05:14 PM
    Welp. That was a fun thought for a couple days that I might actually be able to get this phone and have it work on AT&T.

As Dan recently reported it will not be unlocked and will not work on AT&T, his was a pre-production unit that wasn't locked down...oh well. Sticking with the 950 XL for a while now it seems like (and 650 for sure...love that little phone, just wish it was faster)!
    Then you have no choice but to ask Dan to sell you his phone lol
    libra89 likes this.
    11-09-2016 06:01 PM

But how difficult is it to get the phone unlocked if u buy it outright.
    11-09-2016 06:19 PM
    It looks as if things keep going there is a future, and at last some things to hush up the "Windows Phone is Dead" crowd.
    You have a better chance of getting pregnant by the Tooth Fairy than that crowd zipping their pie-holes.
    11-09-2016 07:24 PM
    You have a better chance of getting pregnant by the Tooth Fairy than that crowd zipping their pie-holes.
    Oh my that means Daddy is going to get some Sugar :) .......sometime..........maybe.....but better chance "Just want to be friends"..........
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    11-09-2016 10:04 PM
    But how difficult is it to get the phone unlocked if u buy it outright.
    dont know.... you tell me, can i go in to T-Mobile buy the phone for full retail (which i was planning on doing) and just ask them to unlock it?
    ttsoldier likes this.
    11-10-2016 06:05 AM
    Then you have no choice but to ask Dan to sell you his phone lol
    Tell him you'll give him double what he paid!
    mark233 likes this.
    11-10-2016 07:55 AM
    dont know.... you tell me, can i go in to T-Mobile buy the phone for full retail (which i was planning on doing) and just ask them to unlock it?
    You can try. But the normal business model is to sell the phone for less or no profit and make it back on the phone service.
    11-10-2016 07:57 AM
    You can try. But the normal business model is to sell the phone for less or no profit and make it back on the phone service.
    Although, T-Mobile sells phones for full retail price since they eliminated upgrades and contracts.
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    11-10-2016 02:35 PM
    This is what I want to do...

I'm not from the US but will be visiting next week. I'm hoping I can walk in the T-Mobile store, pay the full price , request an unlock, walk out.
    11-10-2016 05:09 PM
    This is what I want to do...

I'm not from the US but will be visiting next week. I'm hoping I can walk in the T-Mobile store, pay the full price , request an unlock, walk out.
    well ill be damned its worth a try right? Nothing to lose. Well i will be doing that tomorrow just because you mentioned it, assuming they have them in stores which probably wont be the case.
    editguy and libra89 like this.
    11-10-2016 06:07 PM
    It doesnt hurt to try right?
    HoosierDaddy and RumoredNow like this.
    11-10-2016 06:08 PM
    well ill be damned its worth a try right? Nothing to lose. Well i will be doing that tomorrow just because you mentioned it, assuming they have them in stores which probably wont be the case.
    Great! I await your response!
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
    11-10-2016 06:14 PM
    Bought mine this morning! Loving it!
    libra89, editguy and RumoredNow like this.
    11-10-2016 09:46 PM
203 12345 ...