Who is eyeing an Alcatel Idol 4S

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is unarguably the highest end Windows device we've seen from T-Mobile in a long time. And it's certainly the highest spec Windows device we've ever seen out of Alcatel. And as an added bonus, it's got that intriguing VR package going on.

Who's thinking of grabbing one? What are your thoughts? We're only 9 days away from release!

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm definitely eyeing it. I am with tmobile so it works out great, however I am scared that tmobile will just pull support for this phone hence the reason I always buy my phones outright and unlocked. One question, even if I buy this on tmobile, does MS push out updates directly to the phones like apple or does it go through tmobile first?

If so, would I be able to sign up for slow ring and get updates to avoid tmobile delayed releases?

Thanks in advance to those who may have the answer!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Eyes on it.

Interesting that it's unlocked.
Wonder if this W10 version has the button as a replacement for the programmable "Boom" key on the Android version.

Wish this was up on Alcatel's One Touch site.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm likely to get it but still gun-shy from the disaster of the two 950XLs I pre-ordered. MS gave a full refund. But T-Mobile wants $50 to restock. So won't get one next week unless they will wave that before purchase. I will probably need to let the rest of you all be the guinea pigs.

p.s. if saying that's is some micro aggression, walk it off.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Eyes on it.

Interesting that it's unlocked.
Wonder if this W10 version has the button as a replacement for the programmable "Boom" key on the Android version.

Wish this was up on Alcatel's One Touch site.
They added the Windows version a short time ago.

I don't know what a boom key is but if its on the right side where many Lumias have the power button, yes that is the camera button on the Windows version.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm eyeing it but that's probably all I will do. I'm on TMO also and if i didn't get a 950 two weeks ago I would have jumped all over this.

Hopefully in the coming months we will see more windows phone makers showing up. For now though I think my 950.will do.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I was considering a Lumia 950, but I might actually switch to T-Mobile for the Idol 4S. I'm a BlackBerry refugee who is not happy with their switch to Android. And the 4S is basically a DTEK60 that runs Win10. And comes with a virtual headset. :D

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile is non-existent in my area...guess I am one of the 3% of the nation that isn't covered.
If I could buy one outright & not have to worry about who it's tied to, I might dip into my piggy bank.
I'm going to wait for reviews first. I gotta know about that camera.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm definitely eyeing it. I am with tmobile so it works out great, however I am scared that tmobile will just pull support for this phone hence the reason I always buy my phones outright and unlocked. One question, even if I buy this on tmobile, does MS push out updates directly to the phones like apple or does it go through tmobile first?

If so, would I be able to sign up for slow ring and get updates to avoid tmobile delayed releases?

Thanks in advance to those who may have the answer!

T-Mobile only has control of firmware updates, not the software. Microsoft will push out software updates directly.

I am not eyeing or buying this because it's too big BUT I am so looking forward to first impressions and such from all of you and Windows Central (of course).

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
If somehow i can get this on AT&T then I will buy one.

It also begs the question what content is available in VR? Is there actual VR stuff in the Windows Store right now, what purpose would this serve exactly? And if there is can i use my 950 XL with VR as it is with a VR headset? soooo many questions....

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
It also begs the question what content is available in VR? Is there actual VR stuff in the Windows Store right now, what purpose would this serve exactly? And if there is can i use my 950 XL with VR as it is with a VR headset? soooo many questions....

those are some wonderful questions, as I was thinking about those same things

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
According to the specs, it covers AT&T bands...at least I think it does.
Copied from their site:

Connectivity
GSM 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS 2/4/5, LTE
2/4/12

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss