Who is eyeing an Alcatel Idol 4S

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My girl has the Android version. Assuming the Windows 10 version is just a carbon copy, it's going to be a very nice phone.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Welp. That was a fun thought for a couple days that I might actually be able to get this phone and have it work on AT&T.

As Dan recently reported it will not be unlocked and will not work on AT&T, his was a pre-production unit that wasn't locked down...oh well. Sticking with the 950 XL for a while now it seems like (and 650 for sure...love that little phone, just wish it was faster)!

Then you have no choice but to ask Dan to sell you his phone lol :wink:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welp. That was a fun thought for a couple days that I might actually be able to get this phone and have it work on AT&T.

As Dan recently reported it will not be unlocked and will not work on AT&T, his was a pre-production unit that wasn't locked down...oh well. Sticking with the 950 XL for a while now it seems like (and 650 for sure...love that little phone, just wish it was faster)!

But how difficult is it to get the phone unlocked if u buy it outright.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
dont know.... you tell me, can i go in to T-Mobile buy the phone for full retail (which i was planning on doing) and just ask them to unlock it?
You can try. But the normal business model is to sell the phone for less or no profit and make it back on the phone service.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
dont know.... you tell me, can i go in to T-Mobile buy the phone for full retail (which i was planning on doing) and just ask them to unlock it?

This is what I want to do...

I'm not from the US but will be visiting next week. I'm hoping I can walk in the T-Mobile store, pay the full price , request an unlock, walk out.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
This is what I want to do...

I'm not from the US but will be visiting next week. I'm hoping I can walk in the T-Mobile store, pay the full price , request an unlock, walk out.

well ill be damned its worth a try right? Nothing to lose. Well i will be doing that tomorrow just because you mentioned it, assuming they have them in stores which probably wont be the case.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
T-Mobile as well?
Yea I'm on tmobile
6wW2iBj.jpg

Sent from mTalk

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I just called a local T-Mobile and they said that they have them in stock but there is no way to even sell me the phone without having a tmobile account or switch to tmobile. So basically they wont unlock it for me or even sell it to me, I would have to switch to tmobile to get the phone which I figured anyways...oh well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077