Who is eyeing an Alcatel Idol 4S

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm eyeing one granted it becomes available unlocked and available to the international market.

Alcatel has a real opportunity here, the phone starved Windows Phone fans who are left with legacy x20 devices. They should capitalize on this and not limit it to just T-Mo customers.

We would probably have to wait till exclusivity with tmobile is finished.. maybe 6 months?

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I got my shipping notice from T-mo! Yay! Maybe that means I'll have it by Christmas. Maybe I'll just order a HP Elite to tide me over until then.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Did they ever drop the fierce?
It wasn't on the website when I ordered my Idol, so I'm assuming so. When I wrote what you quoted, I was thinking of how they treated the L640 when they had it. In and out in no time (which is puzzling considering how well it sold outside of T-Mobile).

joshcaleb27

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Disregard that last message. My posts weren't working. I've had my phone since the day it came out. Loving it more and more every day. If anyone has questions about the phone or my experience feel free to ask.

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
My daughter had a Alcatel Fierce OneTouch XL, but recently died after 8 months. I'm not sure if she dropped it or what, but the OS stopped loading on the phone.

I went to T-Mobile a couple days ago to get her a new phone. The Alcatel XL was no where to be found, but the new Idol 4S was on a great display. Other phones were on special, Black Friday Event sale - $58 or $0 down for an iPhone 7. The Alcatel Idol 4S was much cheaper though, and with more accessories.

I got her the Idol 4S. I think its a great phone. I was jealous of the total versus my 950 XL, because the Idol 4S is pretty close to what the XL is.

Again, great phone. She is really happy with the phone.

Kacchan

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
My daughter had a Alcatel Fierce OneTouch XL, but recently died after 8 months. I'm not sure if she dropped it or what, but the OS stopped loading on the phone.

I went to T-Mobile a couple days ago to get her a new phone. The Alcatel XL was no where to be found, but the new Idol 4S was on a great display. Other phones were on special, Black Friday Event sale - $58 or $0 down for an iPhone 7. The Alcatel Idol 4S was much cheaper though, and with more accessories.

I got her the Idol 4S. I think its a great phone. I was jealous of the total versus my 950 XL, because the Idol 4S is pretty close to what the XL is.

Again, great phone. She is really happy with the phone.

Yea they stopped selling the xl in favor of the idol. Glad she likes it

sonicmotion

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I would love to jump back to windows phone, this phone is hopefully the start of more higher quality phones that people buy, and thus fixing the app gap problem.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm officially off the eying list. I had pretty much decided I'd wait for the next generation of phones that can run some X86 apps but my wife's L640 has been acting up so was still strongly considering one of these for her. She loved the look and feel of the L925 she had back in the day, and so thought she would like the appearance. But when I asked her if she wanted one, she surprised me by suggesting I get me a new phone and she would take my 1520.3. Now I have to figure out if her 640 was really acting up or if it was a devious plot to get a 1520.3 that are no longer available new. Hmmmm.

So I asked her if I bought a new phone and still liked the 1520.3 better would she take the new phone and she said yes. So I just picked up a 950XL from the local MS store for $284 (veteran discount). I'll try it and if I like it better than the 1520.3 I'll keep it, otherwise she gets it. I had bought two 950XLs last Thanksgiving week for us but quickly returned them because WM10 was so bad at the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro