Who's Buying The Alcatel Idol 4s With Windows Today?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious about the camera
Here's a shot I took a second ago

VoxBAEX.jpg

Going to take a few random shots outside later on today when I leave out. I think it's a pretty capable camera

Sent from mTalk

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If anyone is picking up their's outright (full price) , please advise if tmobile has no problem unlocking the device for you.
I'd be VERY INTERESTED in T-Mobile's UNLOCK policy, also.
I'm on AT&T, IF I could get it unlocked, it'd be mine.
My Lumia 1520's battery is nearing the end, rather than replace the battery ...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd be VERY INTERESTED in T-Mobile's UNLOCK policy, also.
I'm on AT&T, IF I could get it unlocked, it'd be mine.
My Lumia 1520's battery is nearing the end, rather than replace the battery ...

42 days on T-Mo network and then they will unlock the device even if paid in full.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Eh its no Lumia but doesn't look awful either
Yea its not bad. U have to factor in the fact that the lumias took pics better than 90% of the phones on the market so Windows users can be heavily critical on the camera. From the shots ive seen this camera looks better than the elite x3

Sent from mTalk

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I often said that if a flagship WM phone was released on Tmobile I would bite. But after selling my Android phone and using my Lumia 930 for the passed couple of months in anticipation of this phone I just couldn't do it and bought an iPhone. Using my 930 for a couple of reminded me of getting back together with my high school sweetheart. I have great memories of the time spent together but it's just not the same.

But, not to be a complete downer.

The phone looks awesome and looks awesome for the remaining die-hard WM fans. It looks like it's got a nice screen, serviceable camera, and killer processor and ram. It seems to hit all of the right check boxes.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Yea its not bad. U have to factor in the fact that the lumias took pics better than 90% of the phones on the market so Windows users can be heavily critical on the camera. From the shots ive seen this camera looks better than the elite x3

Sent from mTalk
I think it's perfectly acceptable. I use a cell phone camera as a backup cam anyway.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, why no NFC or Qi??? Well, I know why, because of the glass/metal back, but still...if had those two things it would be the perfect phone and I'd ditch the 950XL. To anyone who's bought it, have you tried it with Continuum? That is my major use case going forward for WM10 and I feel the newer SoC on the Alcatel compared to the 950XL would help with that.

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, why no NFC or Qi??? Well, I know why, because of the glass/metal back, but still...if had those two things it would be the perfect phone and I'd ditch the 950XL. To anyone who's bought it, have you tried it with Continuum? That is my major use case going forward for WM10 and I feel the newer SoC on the Alcatel compared to the 950XL would help with that.

Dude Samsung phones have the same materials and they have those features. I'd guess it was all about keeping the cost low to offer good value.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my unit yesterday. I was a little worried about moving away from a Nokia device, but the Idol 4S is nice. I had to call a few stores before finding one with the phone in stock. When I got there I was pleasantly surprised to find out the staff had just finished setting up a display with the Idol 4s and VR headset. The staff who set up the phone was a smartphone enthusiast but wasn't very familiar with windows phone when I came to the details. He said the only thing holding him back from getting the phone was the lack of apps. Other than that he was very impressed with the phone. I've been setting up the phone and playing with features all day. It was pulled off the charger at 9am and currently shows 27% battery. I'm happy with my purchase so far.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Continuum works as well if not better than the 950. As for NFC, the BlackBerry DTEK60 is essentially the same device and it has the feature. I'm sure cost cutting was the deciding factor.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
After two days of usage I will say. This phone is not without its problems. I've had it restart on me about 3 times since purchase.
And right now, after getting home from work, it was having trouble connecting to my wifi. So I swiped the lockscreen off to turn it off, before turning it back on.
But I guess I should have turned Wifi off altogether because its been saying "Goodbye" for the last 15 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro