Who's Buying The Alcatel Idol 4s With Windows Today?

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
After two days of usage I will say. This phone is not without its problems. I've had it restart on me about 3 times since purchase.
And right now, after getting home from work, it was having trouble connecting to my wifi. So I swiped the lockscreen off to turn it off, before turning it back on.
But I guess I should have turned Wifi off altogether because its been saying "Goodbye" for the last 15 minutes.

It wouldn't hurt to swap it out for about unit. I've had no issues with wifi or restarts.

I have had issues with the aux cord in my wife's car. The phone won't recognize Wifey of the two cords I have, but headphones work just fine. I'm not sure if it's the phone or another issue somewhere else.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Beast of Haeven
Originally Posted by eddieDOTexe
After two days of usage I will say. This phone is not without its problems. I've had it restart on me about 3 times since purchase.
And right now, after getting home from work, it was having trouble connecting to my wifi. So I swiped the lockscreen off to turn it off, before turning it back on.
But I guess I should have turned Wifi off altogether because its been saying "Goodbye" for the last 15 minutes.

It wouldn't hurt to swap it out for about unit. I've had no issues with wifi or restarts.

I have had issues with the aux cord in my wife's car. The phone won't recognize Wifey of the two cords I have, but headphones work just fine. I'm not sure if it's the phone or another issue somewhere else.

Hey i had aux cord problems too! Haven't tried with headphones but in my car I had to unplug and replug a few times for it to recognize the jack being plugged in and turn off the speaker.
Second time only got noise from 1 channel.

Third time seems to be a charm.

I left home after my last post, my mic stopped working until I restarted.. Again.

I just got home and had to restart it again because my cellular data wouldn't download anything despite everything indicating it was on.

Is stuff like this just me?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey i had aux cord problems too! Haven't tried with headphones but in my car I had to unplug and replug a few times for it to recognize the jack being plugged in and turn off the speaker.

I left home after my last post, my mic stopped working until I restarted.. Again.

I just got home and had to restart it again because my cellular data wouldn't download anything despite everything indicating it was on.

Haven't had any of those issues yet did u guys update to .448?

Sent from mTalk

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Sedp23

Haven't had any of those issues yet did u guys update to .448?

Sent from mTalk

Yup. Immediately out of the box.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Only issues I had initially when I bought it and tried update it something went wrong after it downloaded the update it restarted and was stuck on the goodbye screen for 10 or so minutes until I soft reset, it wouldn't install and said something went wrong so I did a hard reset and after that I updated it and no problems since

Sent from mTalk

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Sedp23

Only issues I had initially when I bought it and tried update it something went wrong after it downloaded the update it restarted and was stuck on the goodbye screen for 10 or so minutes until I soft reset, it wouldn't install and said something went wrong so I did a hard reset and after that I updated it and no problems since

Sent from mTalk

I had the same problem but I didn't have to soft reset. It just installed it without issues the second time.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem but I didn't have to soft reset. It just installed it without issues the second time.
I ended up taking mines back for the heating issues I was having this one I have now I'm setting it up its heating due to set up but I'll give it a spin and see if I had a faulty device

Sent from mTalk

miniracer2003

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Bought mine two days before the actual release thanks to uninformed sales people at Tmo. This phone is worlds better than my Lumia 950, even without NFC. Has anyone else noticed how much more responsive the screen is to inputs? Scrolling is so much smoother, and the screen doesn't have a strange quality that strains my eyes.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
My local T-Mobile store finally got a couple in stock, so I went to go and buy one. When the guy was ringing it up there was a $20 customer service fee. I asked what that was for and the guy said, "Oh, that's an automatic service charge for anything we sell in the store." WTF!?!

Considering this guy told me, "Why would you want to waste your money on a Windows phone? Windows is dead when it comes to phones." - why in the world would I drop an extra $20 likely for him as a commission when he was trying to NOT sell me the phone? I told him, "No, just cancel it. I'll go and buy it online and they also have free shipping right now."

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Bought mine two days before the actual release thanks to uninformed sales people at Tmo. This phone is worlds better than my Lumia 950, even without NFC. Has anyone else noticed how much more responsive the screen is to inputs? Scrolling is so much smoother, and the screen doesn't have a strange quality that strains my eyes.

Yes I noticed how quick and fast the Alcatel is. I find though that scrolling through my people app that the 950 is a little smoother than the Alcatel, though the Alcatel is overall a better performer all around than the 950.

Now the fingerprint scanner can be a little fussy sometimes but is more reliable than the iris scanner I have found.

Totally agree about the responsiveness of the touch screen. Just like my old Nokia Lumia phones of the past.

The screen on the Alcatel is great and very comparable to the 950. I don't use NFC so that isn't an issue. Even the lack of a glance screen is not a deal breaker.

Overall an excellent effort by Alcatel on their first high end windows phone.
I hope they do well with this platform.

Hopefully Alcatel will improve the camera tech in future devices, but the camera that the Idol 4 offers is good and even better with the Pro shot app.

Now let's see if other phone makers will start showing up in the new year.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My local T-Mobile store finally got a couple in stock, so I went to go and buy one. When the guy was ringing it up there was a $20 customer service fee. I asked what that was for and the guy said, "Oh, that's an automatic service charge for anything we sell in the store." WTF!?!

Considering this guy told me, "Why would you want to waste your money on a Windows phone? Windows is dead when it comes to phones." - why in the world would I drop an extra $20 likely for him as a commission when he was trying to NOT sell me the phone? I told him, "No, just cancel it. I'll go and buy it online and they also have free shipping right now."

I would have had a long talk with the manager. I bet that guy was just putting his thumb on the scale. I never got charged any $20 fee when I was a T-Mo customer...

Seriously, if you buy a $10 accessory it is $30 because of the fee? That can't be a real thing. If the manager wouldn't satisfy me I'd ask for the phone number for his boss.

Result, ruin their day just like they ruined yours.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I would have had a long talk with the manager. I bet that guy was just putting his thumb on the scale. I never got charged any $20 fee when I was a T-Mo customer...

Seriously, if you buy a $10 accessory it is $30 because of the fee? That can't be a real thing. If the manager wouldn't satisfy me I'd ask for the phone number for his boss.

Result, ruin their day just like they ruined yours.
It's a new thing with the Magenta Morons. It started about a month ago and it blows.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm not so sure he wasn't the manager. Even so, for him to so openly try to dissuade someone from buying a Windows phone because, "Windows phones are dead." I thought that was very tacky and unprofessional.

I know salespeople have a difficult job, but to start adding a $20 "automatic fee" onto anything sold in the store is just a blatant "screw you" to the customer. No, I'll be making my purchases online.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers