What Cases or Accessories are you getting?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you're like me and you are constantly dropping your phone, what accessories will you be getting?

Any specific tempered glass for the screen? Maybe a regular plastic screen protector? What about cases? sleek cases? bulky cases? protective cases?

And even if you're not like me and constantly dropping your phone, maybe you're just cautious. Either way, post your accessories (or accessories you plan to buy)

joesc

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Since the fingerprint reader is on the back, I would think a case would interfere with that. Can you report on your experiences using fingerprint reader with a case on?

Thanks

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Actually you might find that you prefer using the case because as Daniel reported, it's REALLY hard to know if your finger is on the sensor.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Since the fingerprint reader is on the back, I would think a case would interfere with that. Can you report on your experiences using fingerprint reader with a case on?

Thanks

I'm not experiencing any issue at all with the Incipio case on. It's really quite responsive.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not experiencing any issue at all with the Incipio case on. It's really quite responsive.

How does the case affect the screen? Meaning, if I put the phone face down on the table, does the screen touch the table or does the case touch the table?

If the phone falls face down, do u think the case would help prevent the screen from getting damaged? do u think a tempered glass is required while using this phone?

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
How does the case affect the screen? Meaning, if I put the phone face down on the table, does the screen touch the table or does the case touch the table?

If the phone falls face down, do u think the case would help prevent the screen from getting damaged? do u think a tempered glass is required while using this phone?

Personally I would say a tempered glass screen protector is a must for any phone. No matter how good the glass it is still possible to scratch. And gives a bit of protection from drops. All while feeling just as smooth and basically just as clear. For just $ it's definitely worth it.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally I would say a tempered glass screen protector is a must for any phone. No matter how good the glass it is still possible to scratch. And gives a bit of protection from drops. All while feeling just as smooth and basically just as clear. For just $ it's definitely worth it.

I agree. But the tempered glasses I saw on amazon don't seem to cover the entire screen and looks ridiculous. Do you have one to recommend?

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree. But the tempered glasses I saw on amazon don't seem to cover the entire screen and looks ridiculous. Do you have one to recommend?

I bought the one without that complaint. But it does mention it's smaller in the description. Hopefully it's not as bad as the other brand which the reviewer shared a picture. Always will be the case with curved screens unless you can deal with a plastic screen protector. I'll let you know how it turns out but I won't have it until Thursday. Figured $7 for a 2 pack was worth it to find out. That's less than a lunch for me.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

With this case face down the screen does not touch the surface (raised lip area around the screen).

As for protection from a drop I don't know ... it may or may not --- physics, angles, etc come into play .... and luck --- or no luck.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there will be an aesthetically good solution. I mean, the phone screen has curved edges so anything that goes over it has to end before the curve or have quite a gap between it and the screen under it at the edges.

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there will be an aesthetically good solution. I mean, the phone screen has curved edges so anything that goes over it has to end before the curve or have quite a gap between it and the screen under it at the edges.

I agree only solution is a plastic screen protector which doesn't offer the same smooth feel.

PS: thanks a lot Indiana... ;)

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss